Not Able to Connect From Android (Works fine from Desktop)

qDslrDashbord error reports
sagarsamag

Not Able to Connect From Android (Works fine from Desktop)

Post by sagarsamag »

Hi,

I am Sagar. I am able to connect my Nikon D810 from Desktop version; but I am not able to do so from Android app. Any help would be appreciated...

My Setup:
1. Nikon D810
2. TP-Link TL-MR3040
3. Firmware Updated: ddserver_openwrt-tl-mr3040-v2-squashfs-factory_0.13.bin
4. Desktop Version Installed on Windows 10 (Working fine)
5. MotoG 3G (Latest Android) Not Connecting
6. Router IP 192.168.1.1
7. Router Administration Page says that Android Device is Connected.

Thanks in Advance.
Sagar Samag
superpete

Re: Not Able to Connect From Android (Works fine from Desktop)

Post by superpete »

I'm having issues as well. Just did a full set-up and updated my TP Link MR3040 with the latest firmware.

Connecting from my devices to the TP Link works in all cases over wifi. Connecting to the camera works on:

> Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 Pro: works fine, even wakes camera from standby
> Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Cyanogenmod 11.0 Android 4.4.4: works fine, but not if the camera is on standby. Sometimes I have to retry connecting a couple of times, but most of the time it is ok.

These devices connect to the TP Link, but camera can't be connected/found, no error messages:
> Huawei Google Nexus 6P with Android 6.0.1: no connection to camera, tried several times, from standby or not, it doesn't happen at all.
> Samsung old tablet Galaxy 10 GT-P7100 running Android 4.0.4: qdslrdashboard app crashes on startup.

I can't update the tablet anymore, there are no cyanogenmod versions either. I really wish I could use this tablet as a standalone large screen for my photoshoots.

Peter
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Does connection work by long pressing the 'Network' button and entering the MR3040 IP address (192.168.1.1 by default) ?
alexsava

Post by alexsava »

Hello, I have the same problem with a Nikon D800 and android 4.1.2
When I try to connect to my camera by pressing the network button, nothing happens, but when I do a long press and connect with the default ip it connects to my camera but if I try to go to live view, the app crashes, anything I do crashes the app
alexsava

Post by alexsava »

Hello, I have the same issue with my d800, from desktop works fine but on the Android app will not connect, If I press long on the network tab and try to connect with the ip set to 192.168.1.1 it will connect to my camera but anything that I try LV, shooting, will crash the app.