Sony a7sII LRT issue

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
trevdog

Re: Sony a7sII LRT issue

Post by trevdog »

I just tried using DSLRDashboard for a holy grail sunset sequence on my A7rii and had so many issues that I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious.

Issue #1: I've got the camera connected to my android phone over WiFi, but I can not change the shutterspeed or iso with the app. I touch the icons but nothing happens. If I manually adjust these parameters on the camera, it's reflected in the app. Interval can be adjusted and the intervelometer triggers the camera just fine.

Issue #2: Ramping doesn't work. Perhaps this is related to issue #1...? I set all parameters manually on the camera, start the sequence, nothing changes. I can even put the lens cap on and shutter speed (and iso) remains the same.

Is this app completely worthless on Sony A7rii cameras? Hope someone can shed some light. Thanks in advance.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Be sure that you use the latest version of the 'Smart remote control' Playmemories application ( https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/ ... _00-F00002 )
trevdog

Post by trevdog »

Thanks for the suggestion. I reinstalled the app from the link you provided and also installed playmemories mobile on my phone.
I can change shutter speed from the app now by selecting a value from the list. The plus and minus buttons still do not work.
The auto holy grail still does not work. No values change at all. I've made sure there is enough 'dark time' for the camera and app to communicate, and can't think of what else it could be. This would be such a great tool if I could get it to work! Any other ideas?
Thanks.
trevdog

Post by trevdog »

Sorry if this is redundant, it looks like my last reply didn't post.
I've got the latest version of 'Smart remote control'. I can change shutter speed and iso via the app, though not with the plus and minus buttons.
There is still no ramping. Intervelometer is hit and miss, even with an interval of 10sec and a 1/400th shutter the interval goes something like this: 10,10,10,10, 19, 18, 61, 12, 20,15,19, 16... Totally worthless footage. Very frustrating.

Is there anyone who has this app working with the sony a7 series?

Thanks