can't connect to D600/D7100

qDslrDashbord error reports
idanp

can't connect to D600/D7100

Post by idanp »

Hi guys, this is my first forum post, I read the first 6 pages of error reports which had relevant titles, but didn't find anything useful to my case. sorry if this question has been asked before...

I received my brand new TL-MR3040 router today, installed the new firmware and tried to connect to my android device, but even though all the indications are there (3 led lights, wifi signal etc), i couldn't connect my cameras to the app. I see all the controls and am able to change the configuration, but there's no connection.
I then tried to connect the cameras to a laptop through wifi (running win10), but no luck there either. I then installed the drivers and connected to the laptop directly using usb, but still - black screen. I've tried different camera settings, clicked on every button in the app (both on android and windows) but to no avail...
I really hope I can make it work, and that I didn't throw away money on this...

Does anyone have any insights in to what it is I'm doing wrong?

Please advise,
Thanks for your help,

Idan
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: can't connect to D600/D7100

Post by hubaiz »

You need to connect your DSLR to the MR3040 full size USB port.
After turning on the MR3040 pair your controlling device wireless with the MR3040 wireless.
Connect your DSLR with the USB cable to the full size USB port on MR3040 and turn it on.
Start qDslrDashboard and press the 'Network' button (second button from left). If it does not connect try and long press the 'Network' button and in the upcoming dialog enter 192.168.1.1 as IP address and press the 'Ok' button.
Does this work?