Sony and TP Link MR3040

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
kirkkeyes

Sony and TP Link MR3040

Post by kirkkeyes »

Greetings, all -

I can not get qdsrldashboard to connect to my Sony cameras when going through the TP Link router. I'm hoping someone here can help.

Here's my gear:
Sony a6000 and a6300 - both with the latest version of Sony Play Memories App.
TP Link MR3040 v2.4 running the OpenWRT firmware. I followed the YouTube by "zawzero" on setting it up and have wifi settings on the MR3040 and I can connect to it with both cameras and Android devices.
Android devices - Samsung Galaxy Tab4, Galaxy Core Prime phone, Alcatel Pop Icon phone.

Both cameras can connect to the Play Memories and the qdslrdashboard apps running on the Android devices when connecting directly by connecting the Android devices directly via WiFi.

And I can get the cameras to connect to the MR304 - the cameras show they are connected. (I'm using the Auto IP Address setting on camera.) They show they are Registered to the SSID of the router.

I then launch the qdslrdashboard app on the Android device, and I have the DDServer IP address set to 192.168.1.1, port 4747.

I then launch the Smart Remote Control app on the Sony camera. It wants the Android device to connect with a password.

Pressing on the "SONY" wireless button on the qdslrdashboard app does not connect to the camera at this point.

What should I do next?

Thanks!!
Kirk