Dashboard will exit lrtimelapse mode after screen turned on

qDslrDashbord error reports
panoramia

Dashboard will exit lrtimelapse mode after screen turned on

Post by panoramia »

Hello Zoltan,
I am still having the same issues I mentioned in previous messages and threads and also by email.

I has sent you the logs as well but no news or fix, it was some time ago.

The problem is that I have to leave the mobile with screen active all the time or DSLR dashboard will exit lr time lapse mode when I power the screen on again. I tested on several devices and the problem stays there with verison 2.9

I am using a nexus 5 with android 5.1.1 and also a Samsung galaxy tab 10.5 with kit kat. Same problem, I had sent you logs to your email. Using canon 5d mark ii.

Any idea about this problem fix? Screen on a the time drains the battery very fast. This issue did not happen in older versions like 2.3. It was introduced in later versions.

Also, would there be a possibility that next versions have a Debug Mode checkbox on startup screen? By having it, it would be easy to send you logs every time there is an issue, you wouldn't have to send a new version with Debug on, it would always be there.

I was just shooting a time lapse now, my mobile was 30% battery, so I turned screen on. After 10 minutes I turned screen on and lrtimelapse exited and tl sequence stopped and I can't fix that now. The only way to work with dashboard, at least myself, is to have screen on all the time but that's a problem as you can understand

Any news about it?
Thanks in advance

Regards
Wire14

Re: Dashboard will exit lrtimelapse mode after screen turned on

Post by Wire14 »

Hello,

I have the same problem. I use a Nexus 7 (Android 5.1) and an older Surftabe Tablet in combination with the TP-Link Router. Everything works quit good as long as I leave the screen turned on. If I turn it off and for example ten minutes later back on I just see the start screen of qDSLR where I can connect to my DSLR. If I click on the connection icon I immediately return to the LRTimelapse screen and the timer starts again by 0:00 and 0 pictures taken.

I use a Nikon D5100 and an Pixel Timer to trigger the cam.

Any ideas what could be the problem, because if I leave the screen on all the time I have to power up my tablet because the battery is not the newest one.

Regards,

Chris
panoramia

Post by panoramia »

Exactly the same problem I described in my initial post Chris, I even use the same pixel timer intervalometer on my canon, but I use USB connection.

The problem.on my side is that I can't power up my mobile or tablet because it's connected via USB to the camera, so if the timelapse is long at night, I will run out of batteries. I sent logs to Zoltan some time ago but the problem is still there and very annoying because the application is unstable and you just can't rely on it for a serious work. I love the application but there is always that feeling that it will crash when you most need it, it has happened to me several times already and I missed the whole timelapse because of that :(

Any solution for this problem Zoltan?

Thanks in advance,
Alfonso
Wire14

Post by Wire14 »

Hi,

I tried it again today with the Nexus 7 (2012) after I realised that I used qdsl v 0.2.6, but with version 0.2.9 it was the same problem. Approximately after every 10 to 20 shot the connection was seemingly lost. I activated the "connection loss audio notification" button on the home screen, but nothing happens. If I then turn on the screen again and click on my camera I come back to the lrtimelapse screen and sometimes the amount of taken pictures counts up very fast, just like he had to catch up because I turned the screen off. But the floating average is way under the reference. So I would say the exposure wasn't changed while the screen was turned off.

Then I did another test with the internat intervalometer of qdslr. For about 30 shots everything was good, after these 30 shots I turned off the screen again and the cam was further triggered and the exposure was changed. But from one picture to the next (approx 20 pictures) the camera wasn't triggerd anymore and on the cameradisplay there was mentioned "the connection to the computer is established". So I connected again to the cam und I had to quite the auto holy grail and disable the hoste mode. After that I could start the auto holy grail again.

PS: I just detected that the connection loss audio notification works because if I connect the cam via usb or the tp-link and a put the cable out of the cam I can hear the notification. But if I turn off the screen there will be no notification only when I switch on the screen again you can hear the notification.

Maybe this helps ;)

Regards,

Chris
Wire14

Post by Wire14 »

Short Update:

I bought a new tablet a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 because my Nexus 7 (2012) is just a piece of sh#%t because it's getting slower and slower.

I installed Version 0.3. Beta4 startet the auto holy grail windows and switchted off the tablet screen. After about 1 hour I switched on the screen again and the amount of taken photos was updated but no changes in shutter speed were made. The floating average was very low about 400 and the reference was about 8000. But then, because the screen was back on, the app immediatly increases the shutter speed.

Regards, Chris
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

What connection did you use (USB or MR3040 ) ?
Did you used the qDD interval timer or an external one?
Wire14

Post by Wire14 »

I used the TP-link router and an external intervalometer. I also discovered that all the pictures where transported and stored on the tablet. So i think the connection was stable all the time.
Wire14

Post by Wire14 »

Update: i just tried it again with the tp-link and the external intervalometer. I let the display on all the time and set the display brightness to the lowest value so i can safe battery. It worked quit good without any problems for about 630 pictures.

So I'm happy with the new tablet and working app. ;) If there is a possibility to make it work also with a switched off screen, this would be a nice add on

Regards, Chris
lkunl

Post by lkunl »

Maybe you should your tablet in advance WLAN setting.
- Keep WLAN on during sleep = always
- uncheck WLAN optimization
Wire14

Post by Wire14 »

Thanks for the info. I checked this and the wlan is always on. I don't think that this is the problem because if I turn off the screen all images are transfered to the tablet. There are only made no changes in shutterspeed etc.