New IOS version 0.3.3 Crashes will not load ! Blows out !

qDslrDashbord error reports
cathy

Re: New iOS version crashes will not load

Post by cathy »

Is there a fix for this crash ? now been quite a while since I could use my iPad ! .........
version 2.9 was ok but 3.0 and 3.1 no go at all

Need fix please I used a canon 5D with in mins of it being approved at Apple and I broke version 3.1 within 1 min of update it would not allow auto focus ....switch to manual focus on lens all ok switch back to auto focus on the lens it would blow out and tried to start it would blow out ....it would start main screen but soon as you would select the button to connect to the MR-3040 it would blow out .......then tested it with a Nikon D5300 worked fine ....so seems like the code for canon there is something not quite right hoping this helps you get this fixed.
Cathy
mexican

Post by mexican »

Can somebody confirm if these crashes are in any way related to iOS version too?
My ipad Air us running iOS 8 and I didn't experience any massive crashes of QDD so far. At the same time I'd like to upgrade to current version of iOS but I'm not sure whether to do so or not and the stability of QDD is the main concern why I would not upgrade.
cathy

Post by cathy »

Hi Mexican ....what version of Qdslrdashboard are you running on your iOS 8.0 iPad Air?
mexican

Post by mexican »

I'm running the most recent from the appstore. It's supposedly the 0.3.1 version but on the main screen in the bottom right corner it states it's the 0.3.0 version.
cathy

Post by cathy »

Hi Mexican .......ok so it is the latest version of Qdslrdashboard 0.3.1 with a iPad Air with iOS 8.0 ....
What camera are you using has it the built in wifi or are you using a T-PLink MR-3040 router ?
mexican

Post by mexican »

Cathy, I'm using Nikon D750 via built-in Wifi - no TP-Link router.
And the exact iOS version number on my iPad Air is 8.4.1
cathy

Post by cathy »

Hi Mexican ,
Thanks for letting me know it is iOS version 8.4.1 on your iPad Air and that you are using the Nikon D750 with the internal wifi built in and not the TP-Link MR-3040 router seems you don't have any issues .....

But I do as mine is a Canon 5D Marks 2 using the TP-Link MR-3040 with a Sigma 85mm lens when I switch it to auto focus on the lens the app blows out ...put the switch on the lens to Manual no problems .....
So I am hoping this way is only a bit of canon coding thats the problem for me ......

Mexican I used a friends Nikon D5300 with iOS version 9.02 and Qdslrdashboard version 0.3.1 with no problems on a 4th gen iPad .
Hope this helps !

if anyone with a Nikon D750 running iOS 9.02 with a iPad Air and Qdslrdashboard version 0.3.1 can advise if this combination works .

Cathy
cathy

Post by cathy »

Hi .... I spent the afternoon here in Australia testing out several different setups and all the canon cameras with my IPad 4th Gen IOS 9.1 I had the same problem in a way that I connected my TP-Link MR-3040 router with the latest custom firmware of Qdslrdashboard on it to my canon 5D mark 3 with the canon 16-35mm F/2.8 L II set to manual on the lens and the App would start and work but no Auto focus ......If I flicked the switch on my 16-35mm lens to auto the app would blow out so I turned the camera off and the lens switch back to manual and turned the camera back on and started Qdslrdashboard up again and the app worked ok but could not auto focus at all .....
I then tried my Canon 70D with its built in WiFi the same results so I turned the built in wifi off on the 70D and tried the TP-Link MR-3040 connected to the Canon 70D and the same results as the Canon 5D 2 and 3 .......
So I tried my Nikon D810 with the TP-Link MR-3040 all worked ok on the Nikon D810 so it looks like there maybe something Wrong with the canon code on version 0.3.1 for the iPad .

I see you have a android and you are using the latest version ? Which version 2.9 or version 3.0 ......on my Android I still use version 2.9 with my canon 5D mark 2 and have no problems ......if you have 3.0 try going back to 2.9 and see how it works .

I will now test on My Samsung Galaxy note 2014 Edition running kitkat ....version 3.0 Qdslrdashboard with the TP-Link MR-3040 router connected to my Canon 5D mark 3 with my 16-35mm F/2.8 L II ....I will let you know my Results soon .

Ok tried it out with the setup above (Android ) auto focus worked like it should on the android version 2.9 and version 3.0...
Hope this helps still won't work on the IOS version :oops:

Cathy
cathy

Re: New iOS version crashes will not load 0.3.1 as well !

Post by cathy »

I hope the new Version 0.3.2 fixes the problem with Qdslrdashboard blowing out when you switch the lens to auto focus .....
Version 2.9 was good lets hope this new version will work ok !
Have put a lot of input on the different camera setups and what works and what don't
CATHY
cathy

Re: New iOS version crashes will not load 0.3.1 as well !

Post by cathy »

Ok after a few hours testing different combinations of gear here are the results.

First gear used in the test Today .
Cameras @ Canon 70D,canon 5D mark 2,Nikon D810.
WiFi units TP-Link MR-3040,Hame ,and the Canon 70D built in wifi .
Qdslrdashboard versions 2.9 and 3.2
Android Tablet Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 Edition Model SM-P600 Running Kitkat 4.42

When testing Version 2.9 with the built in WiFi on the Canon 70D switching the lens to manual focus Or AF on the lens and restarting Qdslrdashboard I had no problems at all also the canon 5D mark 2 and the Nikon D810 .......all worked as they should with the TP-link MR-3040 and the Hame .

However a different story with version 3.2 start the app up with the lens switch on AF Qdslrdashboard would start and go to live view once you hit the canon button or the wifi button .....BUT Wait right there !!! Now switch the lens to MF and start Qdslrdashboard hit the canon button if you were using the canon 70D built in WiFi or the wifi button for the routers and it would BLOW OUT ......and a message would come up

Unfortunately Qdslrdashboard has stopped ok

All up these tests on the 3 different Cameras and different WIFi 's writing notes double checking the test results Took a total of 3 hrs of my Saturday morning up .........

Hope this helps get this Android version fixed and Also the IOS version before it is submitted to Apple would not like to wait another mth or so for Another let down .....the old saying measure twice cut once ......now can be test many times different setting and upload to Apple once all works and tested .......I don't mind helping if it gets the iOS version fixed and onto my iPad Quicker.
Regards
Cathy