DDServer as motion control proxy

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
MukSV

DDServer as motion control proxy

Post by MukSV »

Hi,

Another crazy idea for the author of qDslrDashboard. :)

You can send motion control commands to DDServer and then to a network device with a specified IP address via TCP- or UDP-based protocol (REST, MODBUS TCP and so on). For example, it can be an Arduino or Raspberry connected to the RJ-45 connector on the MR-3040.
As alternative - USB-connection between MR-3040 and Arduino (with USB-splitter) and serial-based protocol.
There are many possibilities for realizing original equipment for controlling the camera over the network.

If the program still supports follow focus, self-isolation will not be so bad. ;)

BR.
Oki

Re: DDServer as motion control proxy

Post by Oki »

Interesting idea. I am thinking the same way, but I do not expect such functionality from qDslrDashboard as I goes only one person is taking care of it. I would rather look on gphoto2. In combination with arduino + USB host shield and wifi, interesting stuff would be possible.

In the meantime, I work on my own RC motorized gimbal head, I intend to use (and already did) as a tool for "remote wildlife photography" in combination with qDslrDashboard. Here is youtube video showing the first (and not very practical :D) concept. Wireless transmission is based on NRF24 units. Now I am developing more practical "all in one" gimbal head, it means both motors and electronic inside one body.

Of course, the biggest disadvantage of this setup is that I have to have separate controllers for head (RC) and camera (phone with qdslrdashboard).
MukSV

Post by MukSV »

Oki wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 11:10In the meantime, I work on my own RC motorized gimbal head
I'm thinking to use Ronin gimbal and Arduino based controller connected via D-Bus port.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-167232-1-1.html
Last edited by MukSV on 28 Mar 2021, 16:30, edited 2 times in total.
MukSV

Post by MukSV »

I found also this solution: Bescor MP-101
MukSV

Post by MukSV »

Hi,

I bought MP-101 and made DIY control with ESP8266 module. It connect to WiFi AP and wait UDP control packets. My control program send UDP control packets to ESP8266 address when user press direction button in program window. Program window stays always top over qDslrDashboard and have some transparency, so I always have access to camera rotation conrtol.

Regards.
sacredconnection

Post by sacredconnection »

The greatest drawback is that I need separate controllers for head (RC) and camera (phone with qdslrdashboard).