DDServer as motion control proxy

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
MukSV

DDServer as motion control proxy

Post by MukSV »

Hi,

Another crazy idea for the author of qDslrDashboard. :)

You can send motion control commands to DDServer and then to a network device with a specified IP address via TCP- or UDP-based protocol (REST, MODBUS TCP and so on). For example, it can be an Arduino or Raspberry connected to the RJ-45 connector on the MR-3040.
As alternative - USB-connection between MR-3040 and Arduino (with USB-splitter) and serial-based protocol.
There are many possibilities for realizing original equipment for controlling the camera over the network.

If the program still supports follow focus, self-isolation will not be so bad. ;)

BR.

Oki

Re: DDServer as motion control proxy

Post by Oki »

Interesting idea. I am thinking the same way, but I do not expect such functionality from qDslrDashboard as I goes only one person is taking care of it. I would rather look on gphoto2. In combination with arduino + USB host shield and wifi, interesting stuff would be possible.

In the meantime, I work on my own RC motorized gimbal head, I intend to use (and already did) as a tool for "remote wildlife photography" in combination with qDslrDashboard. Here is youtube video showing the first (and not very practical :D) concept. Wireless transmission is based on NRF24 units. Now I am developing more practical "all in one" gimbal head, it means both motors and electronic inside one body.

Of course, the biggest disadvantage of this setup is that I have to have separate controllers for head (RC) and camera (phone with qdslrdashboard).

MukSV

Post by MukSV »

Oki wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 11:10
In the meantime, I work on my own RC motorized gimbal head
I'm thinking to use Ronin gimbal and Arduino based controller connected via D-Bus port.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-167232-1-1.html
Last edited by MukSV on 28 Mar 2021, 16:30, edited 2 times in total.

MukSV

Post by MukSV »

I found also this solution: Bescor MP-101