Transfer single photo as chosen from camera

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
808Studios

Transfer single photo as chosen from camera

Post by 808Studios »

Would there be a way to only transfer an image when it's locked/protected rather than every time one is taken? On my old eyefi card it would only transfer the ones I pushed the lock button on to protect it. It was the way of 'tagging' the photo then transferring only that one or any other that were locked or 'tagged'

This would be really useful when doing batch processing so we only get to process the files without the blinks or the ones that have the best smiles that we choose right from the camera. I use a D750 and love the program but we have to process every files that gets shot and it slows down the process. if we could do a single transfer as chosen at the camera that would be amaZING!

Thanks!
808Studios

Re: Transfer single photo as chosen from camera

Post by 808Studios »

Any possibility of this becoming a feature?
paulmofyourhand

Post by paulmofyourhand »

I know this is a old feature request, but one that is well written.

So how about it devs?
Photo & Nerd
Loving this qdslrdahboard with my mr3040!
5d2, 24-70 f2.8 m1, flashes, etc
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

In theory it is possible but don't know if it will be practical.
EyeFi cards have own software on them which in case of any changes in files (like marking as protected) reports it back to the app on remote device.
808Studios

Post by 808Studios »

Any updates on this? Sure would be great to just be able to transfer the file I need rather than every single shot taken. Just like the Nikon FTP units
dslr

Post by dslr »

more recent nikon models and high end models with wi-fi capability allow users to 'tag' photo(s) using Select to send to smart device...since it is a built-in nikon feature, perhaps it is included in the sdk/api...if so, then it's more readily possible to implement...

until this is implemented, as a work around, try the nikon's wireless mobile utility (WMU) app...it uses the above feature...it will download the tagged photos then 'untag' them

To download the selected pictures to the smart device, establish a Wi-Fi connection with the camera and select
View photos in the Wireless Mobile Utility. A confirmation dialog will be displayed; select OK to start download

note - some people have experienced connect problems when qdd and wmu coexist...i never had any problem...
808Studios

Post by 808Studios »

Thanks dslr, but I need to send the photo to a PC not a smart device
808Studios

Post by 808Studios »

Any updates here?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Not sure from what version but qDD will display a small locked symbol for the images that are marked as locked in camera. You can use the filter to select only the locked images (long press the selection button and then press the 'select locked' button).