Phone call remote capture activation, ISO/aperture bracketing, custom grid filter and backup camera settings?

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
Alfred

Phone call remote capture activation, ISO/aperture bracketing, custom grid filter and backup camera settings?

Post by Alfred »

I'd like to ask (or vote, since one of them seems to have already been partly suggested time ago here: http://dslrdashboard.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1772) for a few new features that probably wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

If all these functions would need a more expensive version of the Android app I'd buy it anyway (and I think most other users would too) since they're so useful.

I am putting them together in this thread, if this is not allowed I apologize and will create a thread for each request:
  • Phone call activated remote capture - I am not aware of any application being able to do this, it'd be great since one could just call one's own phone tethered (and eventually hang the call, after which the capture would begin) to the DSLR and start a capture/bracketing or programmed sequence, even from very far (GPS remotes, other than being costly, also have from my understanding a way more limited range than mobile phones).
  • ISO and/or aperture bracketing - as of now this software only allows shutter time bracketing, but in certain situations either ISO or aperture bracketing is very useful (I am using the Android app and doing it manually).
  • Custom grid sections filter - I'd like to have the option to enable a custom grid of LiveView filter within the app, allowing the user to show a grid of XY vertical and horizontal lines (as an aid in image composition, doesn't have to be a large number, I guess having a max number of customizable lines up to 6 both horizontally and vertically would suit most uses).
  • Showing how far over- or underexposed current shoot settings are - as of now the app shows, similarly to the DSLR viewfinder, just +/- 1 stops over- or underexposure and side arrows appear after settings exceed that 1 stop. It'd be nice if the app could show (maybe with numbers and fractions) how many stops and/or thirds of that current settings are.
  • Protecting or backing up on-camera settings - the Android app is great, however given that it has to be granted full control over the DSLR, I sometimes fear that an unwanted cable disconnect/bad contact may leave the DSLR with skewed settings, which I'd then have to manually fix one by one.
cincin680123

Re: Phone call remote capture activation, ISO/aperture bracketing, custom grid filter and backup camera settings?

Post by cincin680123 »

Well for this purpose you can use ddserver.

I made a ddserver installation on a raspberry pi. The raspberry pi forwards my ddserver port to my home router.

I can make a port forward on my android phone using Termux for example so qdslrdashboard can be connected to the ddserver from all around the world and you can control your camera as you wish.