Interval timer with no-activity detection

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
CharlesNepote

Interval timer with no-activity detection

Post by CharlesNepote »

Hi,

I'm using qDSLRDashboard to digitalize some archives (hundreds of documents per session).
To be as fast as possible, I use the Interval Timer and set 1 picture every 6 seconds: that way, I have time to change the page and keep it on the table with my two hands (I really need the both because some of the old archives does not open easily). You can count that we have 10 pictures per minute. That's great compared to scanners or manual shoot.

Thus, in nearly all cases I'm ready before the end of the 6 seconds. So it would be very interesting to have a no-activity/motion detection or an activity detection. Here is the scenario:
* I set 1 picture every 3 seconds
* If I'm still moving at the end of the three seconds, the application detects the motion and wait to shoot until I'm not moving anymore.
Or:
* I launch the "automatic shoot on no-activity" function
* I set "do not take a new picture before: 3 seconds"
* Each time the app detects there is no activty, it takes a picture and wait for 3 seconds and no activity.

Charles.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Interval timer with no-activity detection

Post by hubaiz »

What you described would work only with live view enabled and it would be very hard to implement.
You can also try the audio capture mode.
CharlesNepote

Re: Interval timer with no-activity detection

Post by CharlesNepote »

I understand, thank you very much for your answer.
At least, would you add the possibility to "pause" the interval timer by pressing the "space" key in addition to clicking on the "pause" button? It would be very faster to "pause". Maybe it's not probably a big priority I can understand...

Thanks for the good job!
Charles.