Feature request/ideas: Multi Folder Image for multiple camera

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
mr.thanduc

Feature request/ideas: Multi Folder Image for multiple camera

Post by mr.thanduc »

Dear Hubaiz,

Your software is so amazing . Thank you very much .

I set up a multi- camera system . And your software is fantastic for me .

I tested with Nikon J1 and Nikon J4. J1 not working , J4 working but no liveview ( it's ok with me ) . However , Nikon J4 not allowed to rename the file, in your setting it only 1 folder for all camera, and occurs overwrite each other .

If possible , you can make each folder for each camera or how to numbered the image for not overwrite each other?

And one more request, when i add a camera, I have to add them one by one, with each one I have to hit LV, if not, when i press Capture the software will be out. I use 40 cameras @ _ @.

If possible, just press 1 time (example: usb, or ddserver), it automatically add all the cameras it have and not have to press LV for each camera ?

Again, thank you so much. You are the man, guy. Great Job.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Feature request/ideas: Multi Folder Image for multiple camera

Post by hubaiz »

I was already thinking about multiple folders for cameras but not sure how to name them.
If I name them by the camera model then you will again have 1 folder for cameras that are the same model.
Maybe I could use the camera serial number.
mr.thanduc

Post by mr.thanduc »

Thanks you for soon reply ^^

Request 1:
_ I see on my D300 it have " file naming" but i don't see it on J4 @_@, if it have, the problem is resolved
_The setting is for all of camera, right ? can you break the folder option for each camera ? we can choose the folder for each camera ^^. And the name prefix feature is not working with Nikon J4 @_@
_ The camera serial number maybe a good solution.

And how about request 2?
_ just press 1 time (example: usb, or ddserver), it automatically add all the cameras it have (b/c i think who connect the camera, of course they want to add it ^^) and not have to press LV for each camera ?

And one more ( sorry for my requirements).
_ I use feature: Synchornized Capture and it only download the image of the camera i click, and i have to click on each camera, choose Replay ( symbol: ">" ) to download each image to my pc. Can you do that auto download all of them ?

Thank you so much for your great job.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Added a 'Connect to all' option that if checked will connect to all discovered DSLR when using ddserver or USB.

The separate folder will need much more work.

For the synchronized auto download will check how could I add that.
mr.thanduc

Post by mr.thanduc »

Thank you so so so so much ^^
mr.thanduc

Post by mr.thanduc »

Wao, so amazing with V0.2.9
Thanks you so much,
Hope the feature "synchronized auto download" coming soon and solve the problem filename ^^
mr.thanduc

Post by mr.thanduc »

@_@
The feature connect all camera and Synchornized Capture is perfect but i have a big big problem to get the image.
40 camera with the same name, I choose each camera to get images . After 5 minutes I do not remember which taken and not taken, and the problem overwrite each other. So I can not take all the pictures .
Can we change the name of the file? and the name of camera ?
mr.thanduc

Post by mr.thanduc »

Dear Hubaiz,

I have an idea for my problem.

Can you add a new line beside the camera's name, it is the number or another name, and have feature " auto download". After "Synchronized Capture", software will auto download and make folder with the number or another name above in the folder we set in setting.

P/S: and i have some Nikon J1, but now it not working. What is the information you need to make it work ?

Thanks alot ^^