Bottom display settings

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
ckambiselis

Bottom display settings

Post by ckambiselis »

First of all may I say this application is amazing, very good job, I have been waiting for it for a long time and definately going to donate for its future development.

Since I mainly want to use DslrDashboard for video recording purposes with my D600, using an 8 inch Win 8 tablet as a monitor, it would be nice if it was possible to select if the bottom left corner panel settings are the "Movie settings" since the current camera settings panel doesn't work for video recording, but when I change the exposure, ISO, etc settings from the "Movie settings" from the "Camera properties display button" they work.

Also, I can't find a way to disable the "Rule of Thirds" grid. One more thing, maybe I got the wrong impression, but when I have LiveView ON I can't change the Camera Mode to Camera mode, only Host mode, is this how it is supposed to function or is it a bug?

Thanks for the great work thus far.

Oscar
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Bottom display settings

Post by hubaiz »

I was already thinking about exchanging the shutter/aperture/iso for the movie mode on Nikon models that support it.
You can change the grid mode in the 'Camera properties display'
While the camera is in live view mode the host mode can't be disabled.
ckambiselis

Re: Bottom display settings

Post by ckambiselis »

Yes maybe make them change based on the "Live view mode" selected in the "Camera properties display".

Found the grid mode, but it also removes the "Live view aspect ratio" marker, maybe add a 1:1 grid mode for displaying the marker.