DDServer on Android?

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
groovdafied

DDServer on Android?

Post by groovdafied »

So I'm trying to not spend any more money than I have to right now. I mean I have a raspberry pi model B, raspberry pi 3B, a hootoo TM05 router and an extra Galaxy 8+ that's not in use (just a broken screen).

I'm trying to get this running on a raspberry pi, but it's kinda challenging to me as your instructions were not working while in raspbian. I tried flashing the Pi with OpenWRT but I can't load the WiFi interface for some reason. So I'm trying with a clear install of Raspbian to see if that solves that problem.

Then I just thought, if there's a possibility if you can design (or if possible) a Android DDserve app? So like, I can have my old Android phone connected to my D3400 running DDserve app, and then remote control it with my 2nd phone either over WiFi or bluetooth? This would reduce the amount of equipment needed to perform this remote shutter.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: DDServer on Android?

Post by hubaiz »

OpenWrt is needed for the portable routers.
For Raspberry Pi you use the Raspbian.
Just compile ddserver by following the instructions on the Github page: https://github.com/hubaiz/DslrDashboardServer
groovdafied

Post by groovdafied »

Thank you for your reply! I am having this problem using the Pi.

I have a Pi 3B using latest raspbian downloaded from the Pi site. It's up and running, and I've ssh'd into the pi.

The first line worked fine, but the 2nd line for

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ g++ -Wall src/main.cpp src/communicator.cpp `pkg-config --libs --cflags libusb-1.0` -lpthread -lrt -lstdc++ -o ddserver
But I get the following error:

g++: error: src/main.cpp: No such file or directory
g++: error: src/communicator.cpp: No such file or directory
What am I doing wrong?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

You need to clone the git repository

git clone https://github.com/hubaiz/DslrDashboardServer.git
cd DslrDashboardServer
g++ -Wall src/main.cpp src/communicator.cpp `pkg-config --libs --cflags libusb-1.0` -lpthread -lrt -lstdc++ -o ddserver