nikon upload button

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
homer

nikon upload button

Post by homer »

Hi,

great work so far.

On a nikon d800 for example you can mark a picture for upload.
Given a connected Nikon network solution (expensive, for example ut-1), this picture will be uploaded to pc/ftp or whatever is your setup. (The receiver could be a pc/tablet for review or a folder for the retoucher for example.)

So you can shoot with your cam, and then select on your display which pics will be uploaded.
This would be a really nice function.

Maybe somebody has some tech information how this works with the nikon network solution.
On the camera side, the function (upload button) is already built-in. You can configure the network (ftp) in the cam and it is connected through usb to the network adapter.
What i found out, on the memory card, they write a file, which pictures are to upload.
Maybe we can read this file (yes, easy propritary file), and load the pictures to dslrdashboard.
What i don't know, when a usb is connected, the cam blocks the display for review. I think with the nikon ut-1 you can review the pics and mark them for upload. Is this a usb/ptp setting? Or is the Ut-1 working through a different protocol?
Has anybody information about this, or has anybody a ut-1 to test/reengineer this?
Or maybe i am wrong about this, and its already working?

what i want is a full working cam (with review on display) and the (on the cam) selected pics sent to a tablet (with dslrdashboard).
Any thoughts on this?

really thank you in advance
homer

Re: nikon upload button

Post by homer »

there are other topics which are basically the same, selective picture download. (selected on the camera)
-> http://dslrdashboard.info/phpBB3/viewto ... ?f=4&t=360

i think it's just one feature more like "image review after capture"

now, there is a software who does this, and it is open source.
-> http://www.testcams.com/airnef/

its basically a script which reads the marked pictures for download, over mtp. And then load them. Cool would be a load just the jpg. feature or similar.

please give me a hint how i can support you to add this feature

thank you!
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Currently in qDD image gallery you can select all, JPG, RAW images with the 'selection' button (first from left).
Single press toggles the selection mode.
Long press will show the selection menu.
808Studios

Post by 808Studios »

I would like to see this too directly from the camera.
808Studios

Post by 808Studios »

Any updates on this? I would be willing to make a nice donation to make this happen!