FOCUS STACK RESET IN BETWEEN IMAGES

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
chippa4017

FOCUS STACK RESET IN BETWEEN IMAGES

Post by chippa4017 »

Hey guys! is it possible to have the focus stacking reset back to the original position after the sequence? Like a continuous focus stack option.

say you are doing a timelapse and you want it to automatically shoot each shot with 5 focus stacked images and then return to the original position?

Or I have a pair of genie mini 2's and I wish to do large focus stacked panoramics. It would be good if it could automatically take the 5 focus stacked images before moving onto the next frame and reset for the next part of the pano. I think CAM Ranger 2 has this option. Is this possible? thanks

Can the focus stacking be activated by a remote trigger also ??

thank you
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: FOCUS STACK RESET IN BETWEEN IMAGES

Post by hubaiz »

Will try to add it.
Remote activation depends on camera model. On most of DSLR remote trigger will not work if live view is activated.
chippa4017

Post by chippa4017 »

Ohh great news !! I really appreciate the effort and getting back to me so quickly !
I use a Nikon D750 or Z6 so hopefully that will work. I know other people who are wanting this also!

Would be good if it did HDR as well! Probably asking to much there
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Was checking this out and probably just reversing the focus stacking order would be better, no unnecessary focus movement.
Is this a problem?
chippa4017

Post by chippa4017 »

can this be automated on an interval and repeated in the same location on each frame?

I am not sure how it would look for a timelapse but I think if thats all I could get , will have to make it work!
chippa4017

Post by chippa4017 »

do you know if the HDR is possible with the focus stack? on a repetitive cycle ?
chippa4017

Post by chippa4017 »

hubaiz wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 08:52 Will try to add it.
Remote activation depends on camera model. On most of DSLR remote trigger will not work if live view is activated.
any update with this feature?

Thank you