live view (image zoom in the middle of the picture/crosshair))

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
lightime

live view (image zoom in the middle of the picture/crosshair))

Post by lightime »

Hi!

I do hypertimelapse, and using a bigger display screen (7.7" tab) instead the LCD that comes with the DSLR is a big bonus, since I can line up each picture as most accurate as I can, to avoid big complications in post-production.

Would it be possible to display in the middle of the picture with the cross hair a zoom in portion of the picture (let's say 150%) so I can accurately align each picture even better.
I often need to zoom in the live view picture, but I start very fast to lose the perception of the rest of the image.

thanks

lightime
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: live view (image zoom in the middle of the picture/crosshair))

Post by hubaiz »

Can you create some image that describes this, it is not clear to me what would you like.
lightime

Post by lightime »

Hi!

Sending two pictures, I think you can undesratnad What it should be great.

I'm aiming for the top of the tree in the middle of the image.
The second image you can see the center of the image, but with a circle in the middle where the image is magnified x5.
This allows me to have a high degree of alignment between images.

In hypertimelapse work, this would be very useful.

thanks for your time.
DSRL .jpg
DSRL .jpg (209.11 KiB) Viewed 13010 times
Attachments
DSRL MOD.jpg
DSRL MOD.jpg (209.65 KiB) Viewed 13010 times
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Will try, not sure about the quality of the zoom as it could be only done in qDD and the LV image is only 640x480
Should it be always in center?
lightime

Post by lightime »

Thanks a lot.
Anyway, the quality of the built-in zoom of the cameras is also not great, since is also a digital zoom, however, being able to zoom in the middle and keep the whole picture in the frame would be great.

thanks
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Please try this beta build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMZ8X ... sp=sharing
You will have in the live view column a cZoom button.
With it you can enable center zoom.
You have 2 sizes and for both 2x and 3x zoom.
klausesser

Post by klausesser »

lightime wrote:Thanks a lot.
Anyway, the quality of the built-in zoom of the cameras is also not great, since is also a digital zoom, however, being able to zoom in the middle and keep the whole picture in the frame would be great.

thanks
I suggest to use a 7" or 8" field.monitor via the HDMI port. I used it here on my Nikon D800:

http://www.klausesser-interaktiv.de/VideoBenKB.html

using the loupe-function you´re able to aim very precisely.

Klaus
lightime

Post by lightime »

a little bit late but thanks.

thanks hubaiz, I will give it a try.

thanks klausesser, I never tough of using a loupe for this, but since most of my hypertimelapses are with a monopd with legs, I try to avoid to touch the camera as much as possible, due to the low shutter speed I'm using.

The camera is triggered by an external trigger connected to the camera, If I'm looking to the loupe I will be difficult to see the counter in the external timer at the same time. Also for some camera angles (top-down, down top) is next to impossible.

Using an HDMI monitor, I tough about that in the past, the problem being is weight, and I can't use the qdslr app.

I did see your hypertimelapses, perfect alignement, very nice, out of curiosity at lens are you using?
24mm full frame ??

best
lightime
lightime

Post by lightime »

PERFECT!

tested with a xiami mi4w
android 4.4.4
quad core at 2.5GHz

Samsung 7.7 GT-P6800
android 4.0.4

It is perfectly implemented, thanks a lot, and the ability to have three type of image magnification is a very nice touch indeed.
Better yet, you don't need to press any buttom, and better still the grid stays there with the magnification in place.
In the original sony camera software, when you press the zoom function, the grid goes away.

One thing I noticed when connected with the xiami, is that the wifi delay between the camera and the app is almost gone, one reason being the fast processor in the phone I tested with. (I think).

The only thing really missing for hypertimelapse to use the sony, is the ability to see the "artificial horizon", already implemented when working with canon and nikon cameras.

It would be the perfect setup, small lightweight camera, tons of megapixels, with almost all of the functionality that I need.

many thanks and waiting for that "artificial horizon"

regards
lightime

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)