Store captured files from camera on disk

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
PDXPat

Store captured files from camera on disk

Post by PDXPat »

I have only used qDslDashboard for a few days, so I am still new. So far it has worked well and has a lot of potential. Thank you!

I am using the application tethered to my laptop (macbook) and driving an older Canon T2i.

A feature I would love to see is the ability to save, or store, the captured images from the camera onto the laptop's drive. The Canon EOS Utility has this feature, as does another application I use for Astrophotography: Backyard EOS.

I did a quick search of the forum to see if this has been requested and did not find it. If it has been requested, please forgive the duplicate.

Thank you again for this great utility! I hope to use it more in the future.

PDXPat
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Store captured files from camera on disk

Post by hubaiz »

You can download the images from camera SD card in the qDslrDashboard 'Image gallery'.
Not sure if that is what you mean.
PDXPat

Post by PDXPat »

Hello Hubaiz! I will look for the download images you mention below. However, I believe what I am asking for is a bit different.

I attempted to grab the below image from the Canon EOS Utility 2 program. Once the Canon camera is connected via USB you are able to control the camera with this application. Within the application you are able to set a preference as to where the images are stored, e.g. on the local machine hard drive, the camera, or both. This is the feature/functionality I was proposing.

Thanks!

PDXPat

Canon Utility.jpg
Canon Utility.jpg (107.89 KiB) Viewed 8416 times
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

You can set qDD to save pictures to disk by long pressing shutter button. It will change color to red.
https://dslrdashboard.info/camera-control-left-buttons/
PDXPat

Post by PDXPat »

Thanks. I will check it out.
jp.houbion

Post by jp.houbion »

GonzoG wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 22:52 You can set qDD to save pictures to disk by long pressing shutter button. It will change color to red.
https://dslrdashboard.info/camera-control-left-buttons/
Perfect! It Works for me :-)