Timelapse Scheduling

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
BodenMedia

Timelapse Scheduling

Post by BodenMedia »

We use the timelapse feature for many projects, some are long term 6 months or longer, we have been using reliable but clumsy 12v timers and intervalometers for a few years combined with routers and other hardware to upload the images to FTP servers, it works well but is getting a little old school.

Using DslrDashboard we would be able to get rid of all the antiquated hardware and use a budget 3g enabled smartphone or tablet to control our system, being able to setup a shooting schedule would automate the image capture process, images would then be uploaded from the device to an offsite server / dropbox.

I would like to discuss this further with the legendary developer of DslrDashboard. harry@boden.co.za

Thanks for all the incredible functionality thus far.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Timelapse Scheduling

Post by hubaiz »

Not sure how the scheduling should work.
Is the camera all the time connected with qDD?
BodenMedia

Post by BodenMedia »

The camera is connected via cable to dslrdashboard smartphone etc.

In my application I need to schedule timelapse shooting from i.e. 8am to 5pm each day. the system will always be powered up.

Look forward to your feedback, you are welcome to conact me via email harry@boden.co.za
lightime

Post by lightime »

Yes, would be a nice feature to have this.

I would love to have this feature, since some times I end up in locations that I need to leave the camera to capture the sunrise or sunset sequences, but after office hours, I don't have access to those places, so I end up with the camera shooting countless photos that I don''t need.

lightime.
BodenMedia

Post by BodenMedia »

Any news regarding this feature request? would be a phenomenal addition to an already awesome platform. I use DSLR Dashboard daily on my 10 Mast system.

Look forward to some feedback. :)
Danny_S

Post by Danny_S »

This would be a fantastic addition to the program! I've got a couple of old Androids that could be put to good use with this feature.
BodenMedia

Post by BodenMedia »

Howdy

Anybody know if progress has been made for this feature? happy to donate some funds to help make it a reality.
lightime

Post by lightime »

This would be nice.
It would save countless pictures being taken for no use, and also counteless hours of deleting files we don't need.
StoneColdTL

Post by StoneColdTL »

I really Like this idea. , I had just posted a question that would also be a part of this idea. In addition to setting times to start and end, it would also need to be completely automated on the camera settings part as well. for instance (as in my other post) you set to start at 4pm and have a beginning settings as f/8 iso 100 at 1/1000 then to after sunset at f/2.8 iso 1600 at 20 seconds, but most importantly being able to set it to do something like ; at 2300 hours, go to f/2.8 iso 4000 at 20 seconds. and then maybe even to have it reverse into the morning. the ramper pro is good , but you cant tell it when to hit a certain exposure. it would be nice to have QDLSR completely programmable. although I do understand it would be quite an undertaking to create.