100% zoom + full image (and zebras)

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
iddo

100% zoom + full image (and zebras)

Post by iddo »

Hi,
2 quick suggestions:
Would it be possible to add an option that can have a small rectangle with a magnified image (50%/100%) for focus accuracy that will be displayed on top of the full regular image so that you will be able to constantly check for focus (even during recording - which you can't at the moment). It will be nice if you can decide where to put this rectangle - according to how you frame your image.

The second thing was probably suggested before - now I did go over all the existing filters in ver 0.29 - and I don't seem to find any local exposure - i.e. zebras display - this is very important - now if I missed something I'll be happy to know, but otherwise it would be really helpful to have several levels of zebras to help avoid over (and to some degree under) exposure.

Thanks and keep up the great work,
Iddo
GonzoG

Re: 100% zoom + full image (and zebras)

Post by GonzoG »

It won't be possible.
LV image is sent to camere in 640x480 resolution and adding zoomed only part of image is not possible because there won't be enough detail.
Zooming LV is done by camera not qDD.
iddo

Post by iddo »

Bummer :(

What about zebras?

Iddo
iddo

Post by iddo »

I am bumping this as there was no answer about zebras which I think should be possible (but maybe I am mistaken).
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

Zebras should be possible but won't be 100% correct.
Reason is the same - camera sends low quality, low resolution video and app like qDD cannot correctly recognize if and where image is overexposed.