Saving configuration in DOF and rule 600 calculator windows

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
JayJay

Saving configuration in DOF and rule 600 calculator windows

Post by JayJay »

Hi Zoltan,
nice to have the forum back, even if content of old forum is lost. And a big thanks for new versions. qDslrDashboard is really a the great piece of software.

I would like to make a feature request for saving configuration in DOF and rule 600 calculator windows. :idea: Is it possible to store last used sensor size, width and high, distance unity and additionally for rule 600 window image width and high ( I know only image width is used for calculation. ;) )?
It would also be helpful, if aperture and focal length fields could be pre filled by actual camera values, so that we not have to enter these values every time new. Of course it should be possible to overwrite the actual camera values.

Thanks in advance.
Actual configuration:
qDslrDashboard V0.2.9 / Nikon D800 / TP-Link TL-MR3040 / Samsung TabPro 8.4 SM-T320 with Android 4.4.2 / Windows PC with Windows 7 Prof. or 8.1
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Saving configuration in DOF and rule 600 calculator windows

Post by hubaiz »

Will see to add saving the values.
Aperture can be added from camera, focal length will only work on Nikon DSLR.
oli4

Post by oli4 »

I had the same idea that the DOF calculator should retrieve the data from the actually connected camera and lens (yes, I'm using a Nikon DSLR).
For me the DOF calculator has the biggest value for focus stacking. With the DOF one can calculate roughly how many shots one should take.

And: thanks also from my side for your great efforts, Zoltan!
JayJay

Post by JayJay »

Hi Hubaiz,
thanks for adding the function to save configuration data in DOF and rule 600. Great work!
Actual configuration:
qDslrDashboard V0.2.9 / Nikon D800 / TP-Link TL-MR3040 / Samsung TabPro 8.4 SM-T320 with Android 4.4.2 / Windows PC with Windows 7 Prof. or 8.1