Idea for easier positioning of motors with new NMX operator

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
Christoph777

Idea for easier positioning of motors with new NMX operator

Post by Christoph777 »

Hi Zoltan,

I have been using the NMX controller a lot and especially like the live view NMX screen and the powerful interval controller which really opens a whole new world for timelapse movement.

One thing i find a bit difficult though, is to get the composition of my image right where i want it (position of motors) with setting a new NMX operator, since there is now live view to see the composition when creating a the new NMX operator.

So i thought it would be a good idea to create position markers for motor positions in the NMX LIVE VIEW SCREEN, a bit like the saved Start and End Positon in the NMX Controller Screen, and then go back to the INTERVAL CONTORLLER SCREEN and link those markers with new NMX operators.
This way its like visually ajusting new NMX operators.

For Example:
Create Position Markers A, B, C in the NMX live view window. Than back in the interval controller one could apply those positon markers to new NMX operators. Like NMX operator 1 with position A, NMX operator 2 goes to positon B and so on.
I think this would make positioning the motors for the desired image frame much easier and would allow really cool and precise camera movment.

If anybody has some additional or better ideas, please reply!

Again thanks for the hard work, qDD v3 Beta 10 works really fast now, its a big update!
Christoph