More compact parameters (apert., shutter)

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
Rob163pix

More compact parameters (apert., shutter)

Post by Rob163pix »

Hi,

Setting values for aperture and shutter speed could be a bit easier if there was a kind of matrix of values instead of a very long list of lines to scroll. In case there were too many values to choose from (like shutter speed with long time exposures) it could be split into one matrix with more common values (like 1/8.000 sec ... 1 sec) and one matrix with longer time settings.

Another wish:
Sometimes I get lost (camera properties display) within all of these fields. They are listed by labelled lines but the fields within one line sometimes can hardly be recognized and distinguished. E.g. one doesn't know immediately the meaning of a field plainly named "52.0" or "Off" as long as one hasn't clicked onto that field which is unfavourable and time-consuming. So, maybe with additional small labels or more customized icons it could be easier to navigate.
Because it is the most excellent feature of qDD that it is capable of accessing and setting almost everything on your camera!
Christoph777

Re: More compact parameters (apert., shutter)

Post by Christoph777 »

Hi,

I agree with on both suggestions.

I think a matrix would make the workflow faster, since sometimes i find myself scrolling around a lot to get the right value of shutter speed.

Little labels for some buttons of the camera properties display would be awesome.
E.g. the Live view controls: in my case, the histogram, grid mode and flip mode are usually set off.
By now i know where each button is, but still, when i want to use one of these buttons to change a mode, i always have to think a little which one it is. So it would be nice for workflow if there would be a little label so that "thought" isnt neccessary.

Again, thanks a million for all the work!
karel

Re: More compact parameters (apert., shutter)

Post by karel »

EV is too small for me to read. Have a 5,5 inch Oppo 7a with 1080x1920.
So I can not see if I am over or under exposed.

http://www.smaans.de/Screenshot_2015-03-30-10-02-31.png

http://www.smaans.de/Screenshot_2015-03 ... 2-31-a.png

The -1,67 is to small, and the little dark green stripes to the left too to show the underexposure.

Because I made a smartphone screenshot and looked at them on the computer I noticed them for the first time