No Live View on Raspberry Pi 4

qDslrDashbord error reports
DerDave

No Live View on Raspberry Pi 4

Post by DerDave »

Hello qDDB Community,

On my summer holidays I wanna try to take some shots of the Milky Way and the Perseids and maybe als try to capture a holy grail time-lapse right away.
Unfortunately there is no App for iOS available any more. Therefore I tried to use a Raspberry Pi 4 with qDDB and finally I even got it to work.
The Problem is, that I don't get a Live View picture on the Pi, the screen keeps black. Even in the gallery it shows me the thumbnails and I can see that the pictures are loaded, but they don't show up on screen. And also in LRTimelapse-Mode, when I capture an image, it is analyzed but not shown. Also the histograms can't be shown on screen. On my MacBook it works all fine, see pictures below.

Another problem I have noticed is, that the icons on the upper left don't turn red when activated.
Does anybody else have similar problems or even knows how to fix it? Many thanks in advance, I hope you can help me.

MfG DerDave
LiveView_RPi4.jpeg
LiveView_RPi4.jpeg (61.01 KiB) Viewed 7721 times
LiveView_MacBook.jpeg
LiveView_MacBook.jpeg (156.54 KiB) Viewed 7721 times
DerDave

Re: No Live View on Raspberry Pi 4

Post by DerDave »

Gallery_RPi4.jpeg
Gallery_RPi4.jpeg (94.94 KiB) Viewed 7720 times
Gallery_MacBook.jpg
Gallery_MacBook.jpg (165.17 KiB) Viewed 7720 times
DerDave

Post by DerDave »

LRT_RPi4.jpeg
LRT_RPi4.jpeg (107.21 KiB) Viewed 7719 times
LRT_MacBook.jpeg
LRT_MacBook.jpeg (168.51 KiB) Viewed 7719 times
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Did you try running it on RPI 4 with a monitor attached to the HDMI port or only with VNC?
DerDave

Post by DerDave »

Yes I did. I attached to my Smart TV and it is also connected to an 5.5“ AMOLED screen from Waveshare. Same problem.
VNC just was easier to take screenshots.
DerDave

Post by DerDave »

Ok, I now set up a new system on a fresh formatted SD-Card. I thought there could be a conflict with anything I installed before. Unfortunately it didn’t help at all, still the same issue.

I also made a test run with lrtimelapse and it works just fine, besides the fact that I can’t see any of the analyzed images on the screen.
Akaras

Post by Akaras »

I have the same problem with Raspberry Pi 4 8Gb and my D750 (firmware v1.15). Liveview is not working.
DerDave, Did you find a solution ?

Thank you in advance for your help :-)
canonshooter

Post by canonshooter »

I am having the same issue with a 6D on a pi4. Anyone have any ideas?
DerDave

Post by DerDave »

Unfortunately I didn't find a solution yet. Is it only the Liveview for you or do you have the same problem with the images in the gallery and the preview in LRTimelapse?
I gave it a try with a RPi 3 B+ and the Stretch version. Here qDDB works as expected, but there are still some issues I noticed, especially as I'm using an OLED screen:
- To avoid burn in I'm using screensaver to turn off screen after some seconds. This doesn't work with the stretch version.
- Touching the display doesn't affect the qDDB window.
- When you boot to Desktop and open qDDB, qDDB is like an overlay on the Desktop. So every point and click action you do takes affect on the desktop. So you could accidentally open programs or even delete files or shut down the Pi (unlikely, but theoretically possible).

The second and third point are easy to treat with by using a mini keyboard and starting qDDB without booting to desktop. But the problem with the screensaver forces me to stay with the Pi 4 version. I hope there will be a solution in the near future, especially as I'm not the only one with this issue.
canonshooter

Post by canonshooter »

I'm having the problem with liveview and the previews. One thing that's interesting is I turned on shared connection and from a windows pc running the QDD client connected to the PI client my previews and liveview works just fine so it seems like what ever renders the images and liveview locally on the Pi isnt working.