Noob question

qDslrDashbord error reports
alFrame

Noob question

Post by alFrame »

Ok, I must be doing something terribly wrong.

- I successfully installed the firmware on my TL-MR3040 (v2.4)
- I am able to connect and see all the settings on the router.
- I successfully purchased and installed the qdslrdashboard app from iTunes (v3.5.2)
- I successfully connect my iPhone to the router's wifi
- I connect the USB 3 cable to the router and plug it into my D810

When I push the live-view button, nothing happens. I don't get a live view. When I disconnect the USB cable, live-view works as expected.

- I searched the forum and found some posts about live-view only working in "S" mode. To no avail.
- I tested if my USB is broken by tethering to Lightroom, which works perfectly.
- I read through the documentation of qdslrdashboard and could not find anything I am doing wrong. (This was kinda hard since the documentation is very outdated tbh...)

I would really appreciate any hints on things I could try or even some harsh "RTFM" comments as I am at the end of the line here.

Thanks & Cheers

Alex
Vilhelm

Re: Noob question

Post by Vilhelm »

Did you ever find a solution for this? I've got a 3040 v2.5. Firmware loaded no problem and I can connect to the network. But no live view or communication with either of my 5D's. Tried posting to the forum, but I my submission still hasn't been moderated I guess?
alFrame

Post by alFrame »

Hi Vilhelm, Yes I did. Sorry for not posting it here. I made the mistake of downloading the "official" openWRT firmware...

Make sure you download this firmware for the MR3040 and make sure you get the correct version of your MR3040 (v1 or v2): http://dslrdashboard.info/downloads/

Scroll down to "TP-Link MR3040 ddserver OpenWrt firmware"

Hope this helps.
blusanders

Post by blusanders »

I'm having the same issues and have done the same steps. Pretty sure I've done everything correctly but cannot make either my 5D2 or 3 connect. When I open QDD nothing happens. I can plug into my Mac via USB and tether to Lightroom (just tested that again) so I know the USB cable is ok. Ordering another one on Amazon just in case. I'm clearly doing something wrong and no idea what to do next.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »