Memory Card Read/Write Error 70 during LRTimelapse | Canon5D II

qDslrDashbord error reports
Lennart

Memory Card Read/Write Error 70 during LRTimelapse | Canon5D II

Post by Lennart »

Hello,
I have a TL-MR3040 with the latest ddserver (0.2-13) and an iPhone 4s/6/iPad 3 with the latest qDSLR Dashboard app installed.

It started with the "image review" screen getting black after 45min and the camera was unable to write the pictures stored in buffer, always had to take out the battery and reinstall it. Now during my latest timelapse shooting it blacked out 4 times in one hour and I even got an Error Code (70) wich google tells me is
"Something related to the data being captured and/or written to the memory card is detected as being problematic in some way… this may not be a simple memory card error, although of course that can’t be ruled out."
So I started testing. Tested 3 different memory cards, same result. Of course all formatted in the camera. Then I started narrowing down the problem even further, removed everything from the camera except for the intervall timer. Worked, it ran for more than an hour till I stopped it. Next step was to plug in the DDServer but not connect with any device to it. Still running fine. Then I opened qDSLR Dashboard on my phone, still worked just fine. But as soon as I turned on the LRTimelapse mode, it blacked out after 17min again. So that seems to be the issue. Is there anything I can do about it? Is this a known bug? Or can this be fixed somehow?

Cheers
Lennart
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Memory Card Read/Write Error 70 during LRTimelapse | Canon5D II

Post by hubaiz »

What is your slowest shutter speed? What is the interval used?
Did you select RAW+small JPG format?
What interval timer do you use (qDD or external) ?
Does the interval timer has the Canon 'focus' problem?
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Slowest Shutterspeed was 1.3sec, interval was 4 sec, RAW + smallest JPG possible, Intervall timer was a DIY timer from gwegner and does not have the focus problem
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Try increasing the interval to 5 or 6 seconds .