Nikon D750 and iOS

qDslrDashbord error reports
Stu

Nikon D750 and iOS

Post by Stu »

Hi, Im new to this forum and had a couple of questions, thanks in advance! I just downloaded the app to my iPhone 5s as a test before I purchased it for my iPAD, and I am able to connect with it. However as soon as I try to go into movie mode, the app freezes. Then I have to reset the wifi on Camera. I could be doing something wrong, any Ideas?

Thanks Again,

Tony
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Nikon D750 and iOS

Post by hubaiz »

I'm afraid this is a camera limitation or safety feature. The D5300 with the internal wireless also has this problem.
qDslrDashboard sends the movie recording command according Nikon instructions but when the camera internal wireless is used and the camera receives this command it disables the wireless.
I presume this is for protecting the camera from overheating or preventing to draw to much current (but could be also a firmware glitch)
Stu

Post by Stu »

To be more clear, I'm in live view, I then go to record and the screen freezes. I went ahead and tried it on my older iPad 5.1.1, and it crashes before it goes in to live view. So we then bought it for my wife's iPad mini, and it does the same thing my iPhone does. Everything seems to work fine, until I go to record in movie mode.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Ok, any suggestions? This seems to be a really nice app, while limited for the d750 due to whatever, great job none the less!
espaan

Post by espaan »

I have not tested the qDslrDash movie recording on D750 with Wifi. I will test too.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

espaan wrote:I have not tested the qDslrDash movie recording on D750 with Wifi. I will test too.
Won't work with built-in WiFi. Read camera manual.