After capture the App stucks with "Capture in Progress"

qDslrDashbord error reports
Juergen

After capture the App stucks with "Capture in Progress"

Post by Juergen »

I use qDslrDashboard V0.3.3 on a Samsung S3 with Android 4.3.
The camera is a Canon EOS 750D.
The connection is established with the internal WLAN function of the camera. The camera operates as a WLAN base station and the mobile phone connects directly to the camera.
So far everything works fine and I am able to establish the connection to the camera. I can switch to LiveView an see the picture on my mobile phone. I also have access to remote control the camera.
The problem occurs, when I click the capture button. The camera takes a picture and the qDslrDashBoard screen on the mobile phone turns form colour to black and white. A message box of the qDslrDashBoard App says „Capture in progress“. This box doesn't disappear and the display stays b/w. LiveView is still active and if I change the view of the camera the picture on the phone will be updated as well, but I can't select any other button from the qDslrDashboard and the App stucks in that mode. The only thing I can do is to shut the App down and start it again.
Can anyone help me?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: After capture the App stucks with "Capture in Progress"

Post by hubaiz »

Can you maybe make a screen shot of the camera properties display before capture to see what settings are used?
Juergen

Post by Juergen »

Here are two pictures, one of the camera settings and one of the qdslrDashBoard App when it stucks in "Capture in Progress" mode.
I also tried some other camera properties like only jpeg oder P-Mode, but without any influence to the problem.
Hope this helps.

hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Thanks, can you just make one more capture of the camera properties display while the live view is active (second button from top on the right side in qDslrDashboard)
Juergen

Post by Juergen »

Here are the screenshots of qDslrDashboard
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Thanks, will try to figure out why it does not get the event notification for finished capture.
Is maybe mirror up enabled in camera options?
Juergen

Post by Juergen »

Hello, mirror up is disabled.
I have another information that probably can help finding the problem:
When I choose "Image Review after capture" in the qDslrDashboard Settings, the picture from the camera is transfered to the mobile phone after capture. It only takes 2 seconds. When I close the image review with the red cross on the right top, the Screen with "Capture in Progress" message appears as described in earlier posts.
Juergen

Post by Juergen »

Hello,

any ideas to solve the problem?
Matrix78

Post by Matrix78 »

Hy i have the same problem with my Canon 760D
Any ideas?
musoku