Site Admin

Re: interval timer crashes

Post by hubaiz »

Thanks, will go through the logs.
mch

Post by mch »

Okay, now this is getting strange.
What more i do test, that less crashing occurs. By that time i did that youtube video where i filmed crashing and how it occurs, at that time crashing happened for sure, max 10 shots and crash. But now crashing is rare.

Yesterday i was shooting timelapses all day, and not even one crash happened. and i did shoot raw and raw + jpg when used lrtimelapse module.

This is not good, i can't use qdslr for serious timelapsing, because i would have to be all the time watching is it running or not.

When i did test whit my pc laptop (windows 7), interval timer did crash when raw + jpg.

Next i do tests using tablet and pc whit the canon eos 1000d, lets see whats gointo happen.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Did some modifications to the code that I think is the problem source.
Here is the debug build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMZ8X ... sp=sharing

Here is the same but without the debug output: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMZ8X ... sp=sharing
mch

Post by mch »

I will test that build tomorrow and report back to you.
mch

Post by mch »

I test shoot over 400 pictures using multible settings, interval timer did not crash :)

Maybe you can build one version for pc windows 7 also, because that donwloadable version 0.2.7 (what is in donwload page) crashes when using raw and interval timer.

Thank you wery much! You do great job here!

if you need beta testing or something, i will help how ever i can. I write bad english but i have some experiense in programming and developement job in general. For testing use, i have 5d2, 1000d and 550d, tablet ja pc.
Reongard

Post by Reongard »

Hi. I used your debugged build but the app still crashes for me in interval-/lrt mode. Canon 700D connected to a nexus (2013) via usb OTG
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Reongard wrote:Hi. I used your debugged build but the app still crashes for me in interval-/lrt mode. Canon 700D connected to a nexus (2013) via usb OTG
Some info on used settings (slowest shutter speed, interval, used interval timer external/internal)
Reongard

Post by Reongard »

Good morning.
Sure, the intervall was 10seconds, slowest shutterspeed was 1/40 if i remember correct. I used the intervall method in the LRT menue.
You ask about internal/external intervall. Does this mean i could also use the intervall from my camera to use the App (specially the LRT)?