canon and focus movement buttons

qDslrDashbord error reports
mch

canon and focus movement buttons

Post by mch »

I did wery nice timelapse where i step by step moved focus from macro to infinity by using focus movement buttons. qdslr makes this type of shots so much easier.

First timelapse run went whitout any problems. next timelapse in another place and suddenly focus movement buttons stopped working.
I had to turn camera off and back on to get focus movement buttons back to working.

I did tests and same thing happend, long time buttons worked correctly, until suddenly focus stopped moving...
here is log file:
http://kulttuurikuva.fi/mch/qdd_20150407192407.log
mch

Re: canon and focus movement buttons

Post by mch »

Oh, for general info, my camera is canon eos 5d2 (magic lanter running) connected whit usb to huawei mediapad m1 8.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

As I see from the log you turn on live view and then start the interval timer.
Then between 2 captures you press the focus movement button.
From the log I see that each time you pressed the focus movement button the camera response was OK.
Do you maybe know when did stop moving the focus?
I will try this with the 650D to see if I can reproduce.
mch

Post by mch »

I did try to reproduce this, last 20min i have been pressing focus movement buttons, and now everything works okay. I go timelapse shooting today and will use this debug build, so maybe later more logs so i can say when buttons stop working.

that log file, maybe 2-4 pictures before i stop interval timer buttons stop working, i did press several times after buttons stop moving focus, so it is very hard to say exact point where buttons stop working.