Can't adjust ISO, Shutter speed, Holy Grail not working A7RII's

qDslrDashbord error reports
nowherean

Can't adjust ISO, Shutter speed, Holy Grail not working A7RII's

Post by nowherean »

I have the iOS version of the app. When trying to use the LRTimelapse mode, with camera connected via Wi-Fi to the app...

1) I can't change shutter speed on the app (green color but when tapping on the shutter speed and selecting a different option, nothing changes).

2) I can't even tap on ISO, its greyed out.

3) Min / Max shutter speed options and for Holy grail shows a window with no values.

Making changes directly on the camera, do reflect shutter speed and ISO changes on the app, but not the other way around.

Auto Holy Grail is of course not working, with ISO and Shutter speeds not changing ever. I tried the Sunset option, had a 5sec interval, with 1 second exposure. JPG's sent via wi-fi option to the app every 3 frames.

Basically the app is useless. There were always issues with it in the past, but last year at least I was able to manage to have the Auto Holy grail working with my A7Rii, this time none of my Sony's are working with the app. Tried both my iPad and my iPhone. Same issue on both. Real bummer as I'm heading to Iceland for a shoot and was hoping to use the app...

SONY firmware 3.2
Latest Qdslrdashboard on IOS
shukle

Re: Can't adjust ISO, Shutter speed, Holy Grail not working A7RII's

Post by shukle »

I have the exact same issue with my A7S II...

It seems like the app cannot take over the camera control.

It would be very nice to fix this issue...
tigershell339

Post by tigershell339 »

It's been almost a year and I still can't get it to work with my a7sii. No camera control from the app. This was the whole reason I bought the app. Feels like false advertising.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Install the latest 'Smart remote control' Playmemories application to your camera ( https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/ ... _00-F00002 )
Start the 'Smart remote control' application on your camera.
Connect your controlling device wireless with the camera wireless.
Start qDslrDashboard and press the 'Sony wireless' button
trevdog

Post by trevdog »

I've followed these suggestions and can still not get this app to work. From what I've gathered, no one has this app working as advertised on the Sony a7 series. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
It's a bummer to pay for something (and spend significant time trouble shooting) and then discover these well known and documented issues after the fact.
If there are some new suggestions, I'd be happy to test them as I'd love to see this app work. If not, I think it should be made clear that this app is not for Sony users.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

It is working on all supported Sony models using the 'Smart remote control' Playmemories camera application.
You must use the one from the link and not the one that is installed with firmware.
trevdog

Post by trevdog »

Thanks hubaiz,
I HAVE installed the 'smart remote' from the link you provided.
Still can't get the shutter speed to change while trying a Holy Grail sequence.
Intervals are all over the map as well, even with 9+ seconds of 'dark time' and my phone directly under the tripod.
I can't think of what else to try. Maybe I should delete the Smart Remote and try again from square 1?