Zadig USB utility for Windows and Lightroom Tethering

qDslrDashbord error reports
mitchag

Zadig USB utility for Windows and Lightroom Tethering

Post by mitchag »

Hi - I followed the insturctions, and was able to easily install and use the Zadig USB driver that is apparently required to use DSLR dashboard on windows. BUT when I switched back to lightroom tethering - lightroom no longer sees my Nikon D600. Then I went ahead and uninstalled the new USB driver, and now LIghtroom tethering works again. And so on and so on

I assume this is normal - but not sure? I would think it would be an issue w/ a lot of people, but just wondering if this is NOT normal, and lightroom tethering stills work with the Zadig usb driver for you? I'm running Win 8.1 64bit. Lightroom 5.71. and latest dslr dashboard.

Thanks to anyone that can help out.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Zadig USB utility for Windows and Lightroom Tethering

Post by hubaiz »

Currently it is the only way.
Hope in future I can change this.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

Check this method:
1. Uninstall drivers for qDD.
2. Connect camera do all available USB port and wait for drivers to install (need 2 different USB ports, not 2 different USB sockets, so to be sure you should connect camera to at least 3 USB sockets).
3. For one, and only one port install qDD driver for camera. Check if it works.
4. Check which driver is used when camera is connected to different ports.

Windows is strange OS that it sometimes uses different drivers if device is connected do different USB ports
I have this situation on W7 and W8.1 on laptop and desktop.
WIMorrison

Post by WIMorrison »

I use qDD on Windows 7 without any USB drivers installed (i.e. just using native drivers) and it works perfectly. I haven't actually been able to work out what I should install other drivers :(
hofti

Post by hofti »

@mitchag: I have the same problems with the Zadik-driver. Either qDslrDashboard works or Lightroom.
@GonzoG: Is it possible to seperate the USB ports to different drivers to use one for qDb and an other for Lightromm for instant?
@WIMorrison: What do you mean "using native drivers"? Till I changed to the Zadik-driver I used the normal Win-driver (Vers. 6.1.7600.16385) and everything worked fine. Or did you really deinstalled all your USB-drivers - i can't believe that?!
StephenK

Post by StephenK »

I have the same issue with Lightroom not working unless I uninstall the driver.

Just wondering whether there is a fix for this?