0.2.7 iOS Crashes so often it's unusable professionally.

qDslrDashbord error reports
WIMorrison

Re: 0.2.7 iOS Crashes so often it's unusable professionally.

Post by WIMorrison »

Why not change to Nikon? Works superbly with them ;)

Seriously this is an excellent bit of software that works with almost all systems and when there is an issue it is fixed very quickly. Given the number and variation of cameras around, then the variations caused by the cameras being a different software levels the fact that it has so very few problems is testament to the quoaity of the platform.
bobjones

Post by bobjones »

So this is how this forum works?

I post a problem because the software has a bug with the Canon 5D mark ii and users here tell me to switch to Nikon? Or they tell me they use a different setup and don't have any problems?

There is nothing anyone else can add to this post unless they know of a way to overcome the crashing issue (besides buying a new camera body!) or a new iOS version has been released.
lcheung123

Post by lcheung123 »

One thing I tend to agree with bobjones is that, since android version of the app is free, I do not know why can't the ios version of the app be free until it is officially released since both of them are beta. I planned to use my old ipad to work with my 5D3 and 5D2, but I guess I have to defer it or switch to an old android tablet if it is urgent.

Better still, bob, switch to the commercially available dedicated gear, Adorama has a well tested system to serve your need but that will cost you around 300. If you have time, just wait, I believe this beta app is going to be a good alternative. For the meantime, you have no choice but be patient.

Also, I think bob has his point to ask for refund from someone if this apps is totally useless to him. I almost pay Itune for it because, frankly speaking, I do not see "BETA" in the description. But we must know ITune does not have the reputation of offering good apps entirely, it is a place with mixture of good and bad apps.
bobjones

Post by bobjones »

I bought a Camranger yesterday.

Right now, 0.2.7 is incompatible with the Canon 5D mark ii.

qDslrdashboard should not be sold in the iTunes store without a clear compatibility list and clear labelling that it's BETA software.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

In every software can be bugs that are not manifesting during the testing including qDslrDashboard.
I'm trying to fix all reported bugs and release new version.
lcheung123 wrote:One thing I tend to agree with bobjones is that, since android version of the app is free, I do not know why can't the ios version of the app be free until it is officially released since both of them are beta. I planned to use my old ipad to work with my 5D3 and 5D2, but I guess I have to defer it or switch to an old android tablet if it is urgent.

Better still, bob, switch to the commercially available dedicated gear, Adorama has a well tested system to serve your need but that will cost you around 300. If you have time, just wait, I believe this beta app is going to be a good alternative. For the meantime, you have no choice but be patient.

Also, I think bob has his point to ask for refund from someone if this apps is totally useless to him. I almost pay Itune for it because, frankly speaking, I do not see "BETA" in the description. But we must know ITune does not have the reputation of offering good apps entirely, it is a place with mixture of good and bad apps.
The Android version is free because my country isn't supported by Google (hope will change soon).
The iOS version isn't free because i'm unemployed and need to pay my bills.
bobjones wrote:Right now, 0.2.7 is incompatible with the Canon 5D mark ii.
It is compatible with 5DM2 but there is a bug that will crash the application if image format is set to RAW+JPG that will be fixed in next version.
bobjones wrote:qDslrdashboard should not be sold in the iTunes store without a clear compatibility list and clear labelling that it's BETA software.

There isn't a BETA tag because it isn't beta.
bobjones

Post by bobjones »

Sorry, this post has gotten a little out of hand...

Trolled by people who haven't contributed anything and who have flamed me on a bit.

It does however have a major bug with the 5D2 which makes it incompatible to me.

Any estimated date for the update?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Just to come back to the bug, it is present on all the platform not just iOS.

I would like to release till the end of week (then around one week more till Apple approves it).
I need to do some more tests with the iOS version.
Also I will repeat this test with the iPad Mini 2: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-con ... as-on-dslr
lcheung123

Post by lcheung123 »

Oh poor Hubaiz, I have sympathy on you! haha .... I would suggest you to put more support to the iOS users because they pay for this and they deserve more support and attention from you. Android version is free, though volume is larger, users should be a little more patient than the iOS users. Having said that, I am about to switch to Android tablet until your iOS version is more stable.
lcheung123

Post by lcheung123 »

bobjones, let's stop this now and give hubaiz some time to sort it out. I kind of support your request but honestly speaking, running a live session for customers/models without fully testing the gears before hand is asking for trouble to yourself. The more important the event is, the more and thorough testing need to be done before hand. I trust with your CamRanger in hand you will no doubt test it out before your next business shooting. Take it as an expensive lesson learnt. If you are making a living out of shooting that needs this sort of remote control gears, you should well go ahead to consider something commercially available in the very beginning. qDSLRdashboard, I think, at least currently, is meant for casual users and amatures shooters like me, crash or no crash does not heavily impact my shooting plan.

Having said that, Hubaiz, please look into iOS version more seriously, you know they pay for it, and they deserve more attention. :lol: :lol: :lol:
bobjones

Post by bobjones »

FFS lcheung123... Get off your ucking horse.

I never seemed to have any problems with qdslrdashboard and it started crashing. I assume it's 0.2.7.

I bought a Camranger...

Waiting for an update to qdslrdashboard. Hubiaz is working on it.

Would everyone stop trolling this post?