Problem with Canon D6 and LrTimelapse

qDslrDashbord error reports
schling

Problem with Canon D6 and LrTimelapse

Post by schling »

Just started testing dslrdasboard with my Canon D6 and ipad. Connects ok and captures download correctly.
But when I go to lrtimelapse and then test capture, I get no image, that part of the display stays dark. Camera aperture, exposure, etc are correctly displayed at the bottom. Can't figure out what's going on.
Thanks for ant help!
Robert
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Canon D6 and LrTimelapse

Post by hubaiz »

Is the camera in M mode and the capture format set to RAW+JPG?
If image review is enabled and you do capture is the image downloaded and displayed?
schling

Post by schling »

Yes it's in manual and I have set Image quality to RAW + S3. When I press the shutter the image downloads and displays correctly in qDslrDashboard. When I switch to to LrTimelapse and try "capture sample" nothing happens except update of the camera data at the bottom of qDslrDashboard.

Thanks!
schling

Post by schling »

Yes it's in manual and I have set Image quality to RAW + S3. Attached find photo of camera settings. When I press the shutter the image downloads and displays correctly in qDslrDashboard ("Image review after capture"enabled). When I switch to to LrTimelapse and try "capture sample" nothing happens except update of the camera data at the bottom.

Thanks!
schling

Post by schling »

I also tried it with my iphone. Exactly the same behavior.
schling

Post by schling »

I got qdslrdasboard specifically because of the lrtimelapse feature. Is there anything else I could try to get it to work with my Canon D6? Is this a known issue that may be fixed in a future update?

Thanks
cathy

Post by cathy »

Have you pressed the lv button ?
schling

Post by schling »

Thanks. I tried with Live View on and off, with no change in behavior. Strange.
schling

Post by schling »

Is there any way I could get some support? After all, I spent 10 EUR on the app and it's not working with my Canon D6, not exactly an obscure camera model.

Thanks
lewski

Re: Problem with Canon D6 and LrTimelapse / same with 7D2

Post by lewski »

I have the same issue on Canon 7D2. In a few weeks I'll be able to test it on 5D4 and 80D, and if it doesn't work I will reclaim my €10.