Can't connect Galaxy S8 to Nikon D810 - worked fine on S6

qDslrDashbord error reports
rgames

Can't connect Galaxy S8 to Nikon D810 - worked fine on S6

Post by rgames »

Hello,

I'm trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone to my Nikon D810 camera to control it via the qDSLRDashboard app and the OTG adapter. The setup worked fine on my S6. Also, my two other Nikon camers (D610 and D750) work fine on the S8. So the only combo that doesn't work is D810+S8.

When I connect the D610 or D750 to the S8 I get a pop-up that asks which app I want to use. That doesn't happen with the D810 - it's never detected. Again, all three cameras worked with my S6 but only the D750 and D610 now work with the S8.

Can anyone think of how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

rgames
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect Galaxy S8 to Nikon D810 - worked fine on S6

Post by hubaiz »

Try enabling in qDslrDashboard settings the 'Use Android native USB access' option before you connect the camera.
rgames

Post by rgames »

Hello hubaiz - thanks for the great app! It is an extremely useful tool.

I tried changing that setting and it didn't have an effect. I think the problem is that I can't even get the phone to detect the D810, so the problem exists before I launch qDSLRDashboard.

As I mentioned below, the phone detects the D610 and D750 when I plug them in. Should I expect the same behavior with the D810? Or should the app still work even if the phone doesn't automatically detect the camera when I plug it in?

Thanks,

rgames
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

Check in camera setting if there are options to change USB mode.
It was available in older pro Nikon bodies and you could change between MSD (pendrive) and PTP (camera).
If yours has selected MSD mode than it won't be recognized as camera.
nhxfoto

Post by nhxfoto »

Me too...Galaxy S7 edge and Nikon D810, enable 'Use Android native USB access' option but app not work...help me pls !!!