Nikon 1 V3 - Only partly functioning

qDslrDashbord error reports
meridian5310

Nikon 1 V3 - Only partly functioning

Post by meridian5310 »

I'm using V3.5.3 (Android/Nexus 5) with a Nikon 1 V3 via USB ('Use Android native USB access' enabled). qDslrDashboard recognizes the camera and most functions seem to work (including LV, but only after I touch the camera icon, and AF) but nothing happens when I try to take a photo. Same behavior using my Nexus 7 with same qDslrDashboard version.

I tried a different USB cable, with worse results: LV wouldn't come on (LV icon was orange, not red), AF didn't work, but when I clicked the camera icon, I got a message 'Capture in progress' which didn't go away until I turned off the camera. Changing back to the original cable, I got it to work once (image captured by camera), then same issue as above. Communication between camera and qDslrDashboard seems flakey.

qDslrDashboard works properly with my D600 .

Is there anything I can do to help debug this issue? Thanks.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Nikon 1 V3 - Only partly functioning

Post by hubaiz »

Nikon does not release documentation for developers for the Nikon 1 V3.
meridian5310

Post by meridian5310 »

hubaiz wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 12:19 Nikon does not release documentation for developers for the Nikon 1 V3.
I don't understand. Documentation is included in the Nikon 1 V3 SDK:

S-SDKNikon1V3-004BF-ALLIN\Command\English\V3UsbMtpE_1.0.1.doc
and
S-SDKNikon1V3-004BF-ALLIN\Module\Win\documents

Doesn't this count as 'documentation for developers'?

I've attached my most recent debug log, which includes multiple attempts to get the program to save an image. If it's relevant, there are multiple lines with "<<<<<<<<<< Capture command response: a004". Please let me know if you need more information.
Attachments
qdd_20170719155322.zip
(28.5 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Sorry my bad, there is a SDK for the 1 V3. Will check your log.
meridian5310

Post by meridian5310 »

**UPDATE**

qDSLRDashboard is working fine with my Nikon Z6 (wired and wifi). However, my Nikon V3 is still only partly functioning under Android with my Pixel 2 and with my Galaxy Tab S2 (with OTG cable).

With direct wired connection:
- qDSLRDashboard starts with app icons and otherwise black screen.
- LV button shows black screen after being pressed. Using the Capture button will bring up the LV image, but not reliably.
** Capture button causes a flicker on the screen but camera does not take a photo.
- Other issues: Cust BKT button doesn't respond. Capture delay button brings up dialog box but once set, Capture button produces a 'beep' but no photos are taken. Settings button doesn't do anything while camera is connected.

I haven't been able to get wifi to connect, but this may be due to Nikon V3's feeble wifi capabilities (or maybe fixing other issues will resolve this).

Is there some way to create a debug log in Android? Is there anything else that would help resolve this (e.g, debug on pc)?
JensBerlin

Post by JensBerlin »

I am using the 3.5.9 version of qdslrdashboard for macOS.
It works well with Nikon Z7.
I am also using a Nikon 1 V3 with firmware 1.2
I can use LV and also AF works but the capture don't work.

Is there any hope to get that implemented? : )

Thank you
Jens
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Try this newer build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12sZXhF ... sp=sharing

Can you maybe make a video? What is the exact problem?
meridian5310

Post by meridian5310 »

I'm the OP on this thread. But there's clearly more than one of us with this issue.
"What is the exact problem?" --> see my detailed description in viewtopic.php?p=8130#p8130 above.
I've tried qDslrdashboard for Windows 10 and for Android; same problem. You posted (above) a link for a build for MacOS; do you have a similar build for Win 10/64 to try?

As with JensBerlin, the program works fine for Nikon Z6/Z7, but not for Nikon V3.