Innapropriate stop for Memory full error / critical

qDslrDashbord error reports
djoubert

Innapropriate stop for Memory full error / critical

Post by djoubert »

HI,
I have been using dslrdashboard for years... / I really appreciate it !
Time to time, especially with a large sequence ( >1000 shoot ) using lrtimelapse feature and an external timer, my dslr stops with a memory full error.
It's clear that it is not the sdcard full, neither the memory of my nexus tablet.
In this case I stop dslrdashboard and restarting the application allows to start a new sequence.
I was thinking about a nexus memory full due to the thumbnails as there are deleted when I leave the application.
Regarding the available memory on the Tablet ( 10Go ) and the size of the thumnails, it could not be the root of this issue.
I saw another post about such an issue and the fact that dslrdashboard doesn't take into account properly the size of the Canon Dslr memory card ?
I would appreciate to have this critical issue explained and fixed.
Thank you
Dominique
tl_diver

Re: Innapropriate stop for Memory full error / critical

Post by tl_diver »

Hello,

I had the same problem a few days ago with my Eos 80d. My lrtimelapse sequence stopped after 2215 captured pictures. The qDslrDashboard app signalized a memory error "PC FULL". I thought my smartphne sd-card is full. But after a short research I've found out the same like in the first post explained. The sd-card of my camera wasn't full, too. I had enough space for approx. double number of pictures.
A solution of this error would be important! Otherwise long timelapse series during the whole evening and night could be interrupted at any time?!

Could a too short chosen interval time a possible trigger?

Thanks in advance.

Florian
djoubert

Post by djoubert »

Since I submited this topic, I missed that another user was facing the same issue.
I am still having the issue, allways in the same conditions..., large number of shoot ( except yesterdays 820 after a first sequence of 650 ).
to try to avoid this issue, I close dslrdashboard after each sequence in order to delete the thumbs, because even if on the tablet running dslrdashboard there is enough space, its like it was not ...
another root cause could be that it's when the interval is very short ?, except that allways arrives after a large number of shoot, not at the beginning.
Thank you to have alook to this issue.
djoubert

Post by djoubert »

Up....
still this critical issue when a sequence with more 1400 pictures yesterday...
Any comment a root cause you could suggest could help.
Thank you
Dominique