Selected item visibility in the list widgets

qDslrDashbord error reports
mexican

Selected item visibility in the list widgets

Post by mexican »

Hi Zoltan,
I'm not sure if this is a bug or some kind technical limitation of the screen widgets. In either case it's kinda annoying.

The list widgets used for shutter speed / aperture / ISO selection always display only certain amount of the possible values, which is OK due to the screen size and amount of values stored in the lists.
But if I want to change some of the values, currently selected value is outside the visible portion of the list and most of the time I have to scroll the list in order to find it.

One example:

I select the shutter speed of 30". Then I decide to change it to 20". I click the shutter speed "button" and the list widget displays values 1/125" through 1/50" and I have to scroll all the way down to find the desired value.

I face this problem only on Android. On iOS it's working fine and the currently selected value is always visible when the list opens.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Selected item visibility in the list widgets

Post by hubaiz »

Will check
mexican

Post by mexican »

I just realized couple of minutes ago, that this issue has something to do with the UI scaling factor.
If it's set to 1.0 the selected item shows in the list.

On my iPad, it was set to 1 by default and that's why I didn't face that problem with iOS, but today I decided to adjust it to my needs (set it to 0.8) and immediately I noticed that something is wrong.
Then I just made a short test with my Android mobile phone and tried to set it to 1 (was at 2.9 before) and the problem has gone. But at the same time brand new problem arose because then it was way difficult to set it back to an usable level - the buttons became soo small that I had problem to hit the correct one :twisted:

Would in this case be sufficient to clear the app data in order to bring the scaling factor back to some default value? Just for the case I will try it again and I will not be able anymore to restore the desired button sizes.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Ok, will check
The first button is 'Reset' that will restore the scaling factor.
On Android you can restore by going into Settings->Apps then find qDslrDashboard and press the 'Clear data' button