Can't connect to DDServer error on ios ControlMyCamera, but works on Android qdslrshaboard

qDslrDashbord error reports
bswan

Can't connect to DDServer error on ios ControlMyCamera, but works on Android qdslrshaboard

Post by bswan »

I upgraded from a cheap Android tablet to an iPad Pro. Bought the ControlMyCamera app. I am still able to connect to my camera fine with the qDSLRDashboard app on my android tablet. But trying to connect through the ControlMyCamera app on the iPad doesn't work. I am connected to the same network. Any ideas why the android connects fine, but I'm not able to connect on iOS?

Using a GLiNet 300m router if it matters.
bswan

Re: Can't connect to DDServer error on ios ControlMyCamera, but works on Android qdslrshaboard

Post by bswan »

It looks like iOS ControlMyCamera is trying to connect to the wrong IP maybe? But I don't see anywhere in the app to configure it.

For Android, this is what I get in the console:

Code: Select all

Searching for DDServer
DDServer not found, connecting to IP: 192.168.8.1
List connected DSLR at IP: 192.168.8.1
Found 1 DSLR at IP: 192.168.8.1
Connecting to DDServer DSLR NIKON NIKON DSC D800E
But on iOS, this is what I'm getting:

Code: Select all

Searching for DDServer
DDServer not found, connecting to IP: 192.168.1.1
List connected DSLR at IP: 192.168.1.1
and it stops there.

Looks like the Android app is connecting to 192.168.8.1, but the iOS app is trying to connect to 192.168.1.1 for some reason?

When I go to wifi settings on the iPad and check the network, the address for the router is correctly listed as 192.168.8.1
bswan

Re: Can't connect to DDServer error on ios ControlMyCamera, but works on Android qdslrshaboard

Post by bswan »

Figured out a workaround by getting my router set to 192.168.1.1, yay!

(But it might be nice if you put an option to manually configure what IP to connect to in the iOS app for situations like this)