Sony and dslrdashboard.

qDslrDashbord error reports
fuzzylogic

Sony and dslrdashboard.

Post by fuzzylogic »

Hi.
I have a problem with Sony a7r and dslrdashboard.
I can connect to camera and shoot, but when I connected to camera it always changes quality from RAW to Jpeg L Fine.
Is there any way to shoot in RAW with a7r and dslrdashboard?
DonnyM

Re: Sony and dslrdashboard.

Post by DonnyM »

I have this problem with a Sony a7s. I see no place to change to JPEG+RAW. I also do not see the battery ICON.
This is the same on .29 and the new new beta on
Android and Windows 7 x64.
Am I missing something. Seems like whats in the manual is not whats in the program with the Sony.

Donny
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Sony and dslrdashboard.

Post by hubaiz »

fuzzylogic wrote:I can connect to camera and shoot, but when I connected to camera it always changes quality from RAW to Jpeg L Fine.
Press the 'Menu' button on camera (at least on 5100) this will bring up the Smart Remote App menu where you can set the image format.
Sony didn't include this function yet so it is not possible to change the image format/size from qDslrDashboard.
DonnyM wrote:I also do not see the battery ICON
There is no battery icon as Sony didn't include this data into it's Smart Remote application.
DonnyM wrote:Am I missing something. Seems like whats in the manual is not whats in the program with the Sony.
The images in the manual are crated with a Nikon D7100, Sony models only have a small number of properties. Their remote SDK still has the 'beta' tag so I assume/hope they will add more features in future.

Here is a new beta7 that includes some Sony fixes: http://dslrdashboard.info/phpBB3/viewto ... ?f=5&t=430