DslrDashboard stops working at some point, no errors

qDslrDashbord error reports
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: DslrDashboard stops working at some point, no errors

Post by hubaiz »

1. BUlb will not work with D7000 as it does not have the required command for that (Nikon added that feature from D7100)

2. with a fast SD card 30sec shutter with 35sec interval should work. My D7100 has no problem with that. (Check if you maybe have NR enabled)
aaronpriest

Post by aaronpriest »

hubaiz wrote:1. BUlb will not work with D7000 as it does not have the required command for that (Nikon added that feature from D7100)

2. with a fast SD card 30sec shutter with 35sec interval should work. My D7100 has no problem with that. (Check if you maybe have NR enabled)
D700, not D7000. Long exposure noise reduction was not enabled. I shoot too many timelapses and panoramas to find it useful. I use dark frames and deal with it in post-production later.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Same with D700, BULB will not work. BULB is only available on newer Nikon models after D7100.
aaronpriest

Post by aaronpriest »

Because there is no shutter cable I would assume? Bulb over USB alone is an issue on older models?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

It is not an issue, it is not implemented by Nikon in older models. As I wrote Nikon begin adding the BULB option (command) with the D7100 model and the models after it.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

I've testes D300s and there is no problem with 5 second gap between shots.
Camera set to RAW+JPEG basic small, CF Sandisk Extreme 60MB/s.

I think it is due to your camera settings or slow CF card that you need longer time.
And for startrails I don't use LRTimelapse at all. Just set correct exposure and use internal qDD interval (on cameras with BULB over USB) or 30s time in camera and plug shorted cable in release cable socket so camera does not have any gaps between photos.
aaronpriest

Post by aaronpriest »

GonzoG wrote:I've testes D300s and there is no problem with 5 second gap between shots.
Camera set to RAW+JPEG basic small, CF Sandisk Extreme 60MB/s.

I think it is due to your camera settings or slow CF card that you need longer time.
And for startrails I don't use LRTimelapse at all. Just set correct exposure and use internal qDD interval (on cameras with BULB over USB) or 30s time in camera and plug shorted cable in release cable socket so camera does not have any gaps between photos.
Interesting. I have a 64GB 90MB/sec Sandisk Extreme Pro. I can use an interval of 0.1 with a Promote Control without any dropped frames. It's not the camera. It might be the Wifi however. I'm going to buy an OTG cable and try wired, but lots of folks are saying it doesn't work on a Nexus 7 2013, only the older 2012. We'll see...

I was using LRTimelapse module for a dual purpose, both for exposure ramping for timelapse footage, and also to use some of the cobalt blue color in the sky at the tail end of nautical twilight for star trails. I do this often with a Promote Control, but my 12 year old shutter cable finally wore out on this trip and so I was stuck trying to find something else I could use for ramping. My Ramper Pro was driving my D810 on a Panoneed robotic head for a spherical timelapse.
aaronpriest

Post by aaronpriest »

hubaiz wrote:It is not an issue, it is not implemented by Nikon in older models. As I wrote Nikon begin adding the BULB option (command) with the D7100 model and the models after it.
Without being a programmer, I guess I don't understand what command was added to later models. I use bulb all the time on the D700 and switch from manual to bulb mode via USB command (not having to touch the camera) with a Promote Control and Ramper Pro. But maybe you mean a different feature or programming code I'm not aware of, as those two devices use both a USB and dedicated shutter cable, not USB alone.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

BULB capture will work with an external trigger on D700.
BULB capture can't be started from the application on the D700.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

GonzoG wrote:Interesting. I have a 64GB 90MB/sec Sandisk Extreme Pro. I can use an interval of 0.1 with a Promote Control without any dropped frames.
It is not the same when you start a capture with an external trigger or when you start a capture from application with a PTP command.
You can use your external trigger with qDD and have 0.1 interval.