D600 and LRTimelapse holy grail not continuing

qDslrDashbord error reports
Chiyo-5150

D600 and LRTimelapse holy grail not continuing

Post by Chiyo-5150 »

Hello,

I'm having issues with my Nikon D600 and qDslrDashboard. Initially I used a WU-1b for Wifi-connection and an iPad Air. The Wifi is quite unreliable and connection is frequently lost, but a lot of people on the internet relate that to the WU-1b, so I switched to using my Android phone with a USB OTG cable. Samsung Galaxy S8, Android 8.0.0, qDslrDashboard V3.5.9

Now, depending on the "Use Android native USB access" there are two outcomes:

Use Android native USB access -> ON
Connecting the camera via USB OTG immediately starts up the app on the phone, this works well. Taking pictures and adjusting camera settings works flawless. When doing a timelapse with holy grail, adjustments are made and everything works as expected until - after a certain amount of time, pictures aren't transferred anymore, the picture count isn't increased anymore and thus camera settings (shutter speed, ISO) aren't adjusted anymore. This happens somewhere between after 15 pictures and 100 pictures. I ran about 15 timelapses.

Use Android native USB access -> OFF
Connecting the camera via USB OTG immediately starts up the app on the phone, and it crashes instantly. After unplugging and plugging in again, for ten times or more, the app sometimes starts. Controlling the camera works as expected, also holy grail timelapses. After somewhat between 50 and 250 pictures taken, the same behavior can be observed: pictures aren't transferred anymore, the picture count isn't increased anymore and thus camera settings (shutter speed, ISO) aren't adjusted anymore. Yet, out of 10 timelapses, one was correctly adjusted until I ended it at 800 pictures.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong? I already tried a second USB OTG cable, no change.

In the settings panel of qDslrDashboard, the following settings are checked:
- Keep screen on
- Quick image review after capture
- Delete thumbs on exit
- Use Nikon high speed transfer
(Use Android native USB access, as described above)

Thank you!