Long press capture RAW+JPG causes program to crash

qDslrDashbord error reports
SteveB

Long press capture RAW+JPG causes program to crash

Post by SteveB »

I'm running 3.5.9 under Ubuntu 18 using Canon EOS5D-III. Capture is set to RAW+JPG(mf). When I long press the capture button (turns red) then fire my camera manually (actually via ZS stackshot controller dialog using shutter cable), the "Capture in Progress" message appears normally and there's a 5-6 second pause (no image review shows) then the program dies and dissapears. Running the shell script from an xterm window produces the following messages, with the last message appearing just before crash:

ScreenManagerOverlay - Focus Scope complete
qml: ScreenManagerOverlay - devicesFlickable complete
qml: ScreenManagerOverlay - managerFlickable complete
free(): invalid pointer

The RAW image file appears in the download directory but has 0-bytes, probably meaning it was opened for output but not properly closed. No JPG downloads to the directory, however. If I don't long press the capture button and fire camera in the same way, the JPG downloads and shows review OK. Of course, RAW image stays on camera SD card, in this case with only the JPG appearing in the directory, i.e. things work fine this way. Thanks for any help and I can provide any other info or debugging you need.