troubles with touchscreen

qDslrDashbord error reports
LM.Media

troubles with touchscreen

Post by LM.Media »

Hi,

i am new to Raspberry and programming an i got some troubles with qDslrDashboard. I searched the Forum and the Internet for solutions but could not find something that solved my problem.

At first here are some facts about the system i am using a
Raspberry Pi3 Model3
Stretch Version_ID="9"
with MAKERFACTORY VMP401 Touchscreen-Modul

The Problem is that the touch want work in qDslrDashboard. It works very well on the desktop but as soon as i start the qDslrDashboard it seem to don´t work well. It needs a very long time to react on pointing somewhere (sometimes it does not react at all). And it seem to be out of its calibration. But i am planning to build a Timelapse-device to use outdoors and i wont bring a keyboard and a mouse to the mountains.

I Installed the correct LCD drivers from

git clone https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show.git
chmod -R 755 LCD-show
cd LCD-show/
sudo ./LCD5-show

Them i calibrated the touchscreen with

cd /boot
cd LCD-show
sudodpkg -i -B xinput-calibrator_0.7.5-1_armhf.deb
DISPLAY=:0.0 xinput_calibrator
and changed the values in
sudonano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

The touch works very well also with other programs like matchbox keyboard. But it is very week in qDslrDashboard.
As a solution i tried to install Qjoypad and use a Nintendo style Keypad from Joy-it as mouse. The plan is to integrate the keys from this keypad in the housing of my device.
But it is the same problem here. Qjoypad works well. But i wont work in qDslrDashboard.

qDslrDashboard version i am using is V3.5.9_RPI_Stretch
for installing i followed the instructions from viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2468 but simply changed the Version numbers in the codes. But i set the memory split to 512 instead of 256 (i think this was mentioned somewhere in this forum)

While searching the internet for a solution i found out that maybe low power supply could lead to some issues. But i am using a power adapter with 3A and the red light on the Pi is not blinking.

I think maybe the problem with Qjoypad could be that qDalrDasboard starts as a fullscreen app and not in a window (is it called window on Raspbian?)
Do you think it could be a solution to start qDslrDashboard not as a fullscreen app but inside of a window instead? Because than i would also be able to get into the applications menu to start matchbox keyboard while qDslr is running.
Is there a way to try this or is it a stupid idea anyway?
Is there any other thing i could try to get my touchscreen working?

Thanks for your help, and sorry for being a complete noob and asking some maybe stupid questions.
Christian