Local images not saved when local storage = Android removable SD card

qDslrDashbord error reports
donnyos

Local images not saved when local storage = Android removable SD card

Post by donnyos »

when "Folder for local images" is set to a removable SD card the image viewer does not display images for me.. they appear black screen as if images are just black. Turns out that In fact the folder shows they are not being saved to this folder at all as if dslrDashbaord cannot access the folder chosen. Camera however has correct image captured.

Android Play store qdslrdashboard v3.6.1 arm64 (downloaded June 22nd 2020)
running on Android 10, Samsung s9+
Camera is Nikon d7000 saving just .nef RAW files

Trying to return settings "Folder for local images" to default Android folder Storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Dslrdashboard seems impossible as the explorer only shows Storage/Emulated.. and can't see the additional ..0/Pictures/DslrDashboard folder. Even when I tried just Storage/emulated I still got blank image viewer.

Uninstalled and re-installed and tried again using the removable sd card on device and I reproduced problem.
Uninstalled and re-installed and tried again using the default Storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Dslrdashboard and everything is fine.

Is there perhaps an Android permissions issue accessing removable sd cards that causes the issue? Should removable sd cards be avoided totally ?
Topmann

Re: Local images not saved when local storage = Android removable SD card

Post by Topmann »

I have the same issue.
But in my case I can´t change the "Folder for local images". The actual path (also after serveral times of reinstallations) is "/storage/681B-3CDC/Pictures/DslrDashboard" which looks the app want to access an old micro sd card, which was inside the mobile phone. When I add a microSD card for testing, I also cann´t change the folder and also have the same problem.
If I capture a photo I didn´t see anything only a black display.

Version: 3.6.4
Android: Huawei P20 Lite
Camera: z6 (testet both: only Raw or Raw + basic Jpegs)

Has any one a good idea?