Stuck at "capture in progress" after picture taken while recording video

qDslrDashbord error reports
Oki

Stuck at "capture in progress" after picture taken while recording video

Post by Oki »

If I take a still photo while recording video, app remains grayed-out ant stuck at "Capture in progress". Video on the background is still being recorded, still photo is also stored in camera, but qdslrdashboard needs to be restarted after that.

I use Canon 7D Mark II with DDServer on TL-WR902AC AC750 v.3 + Android app

Here is illustration of problem:
https://youtu.be/bpVPmC8Diow
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Stuck at "capture in progress" after picture taken while recording video

Post by hubaiz »

I reproduced this with my Canon 70D. Will try to find a solution for this.
vanbee

Post by vanbee »

Hi there,

I'm having a similiar issues when trying to take simple still photos. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 lite wireless connection via TL-MR3040 and EOS 7D seems okay and camera connects, LV is possible but after hitting the shutter button on the app the UI is grayed out and [Capture in progress] remains. The Image Preview opens and displays the image, but the app won't recognize any further input (also disabling Image Preview in qDDB does not change that). Hitting the [back]-button in my Android device brings up the connection manager where I can [X] the connection to my camera at the bottom of the screen. After that I can reconnect directly to my IP, take another shot and then the UI is then grayed out again. I can hear the mirror flipping back when I [x] the connection. Seems like the mirror won't flip back when a single image is taken. The camera itself won't recognize any shutter presses and the display shows "busy" when I do so. The image is stored on the card of the camera and is also succesfull transfered via WiFi to my Android device.

I tried using my Galaxy S9+ with the older versionV3.6.2 - still same behavior.

I also recorded a video showing the whole process:
https://youtu.be/uNMbqRPVBZQ

My Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 6 lite:
Android 10
Kernel Version
4.14.113-19529942
Buildnumber
QP1A.190711.020.P610XXU2BTI3

qDslrDashboard V3.6.3 arm64

TP-Link
TL-MR3040

Canon EOS 7D FW 2.0.5

I still have an older Android tablet where the connection was always working and it has an even older version of qDDB installed, I'll try to power that one up and test it again.

Thanks for your support, hubaiz!

UPDATE: changing [use Canon local storage] seems to solve this problem.
Last edited by vanbee on 20 Nov 2020, 15:05, edited 2 times in total.
Oki

Post by Oki »

@vanbee: Good to know, but apparently my issue is different, I already use Canon local storage.