EOS R5 crashed

qDslrDashbord error reports
Hexe

EOS R5 crashed

Post by Hexe »

I just posted an issue whereas my EOS R5 after using qdslrdashboard from an Android system caused the non existence of the live view from the camera picture anymore....only the menu is anymore visisbloe, a rest of the camera doesn´t work.....it is completly down !!!
Hope to get support
Hexe

Re: EOS R5 crashed

Post by Hexe »

Hi,
ich finde es Schade, dass ich hier keinerlei Support abgesehen von eine Rückfrage und der Empfehlung mich mit Canon auseinanderzusetzen bekommen habe.
Von daher aktuell das Tool nicht mit EOS R5 oder R6 verwenden. Die Kamera wurde in eine privat nicht behebbaren Zustand versetzt....welche Kosten ich haben werde, werde ich dann posten
Oki

Post by Oki »

Do I understand correctly, that qdslrdashboard app somehow harmed your R5 so it does not work properly anymore? :shock:
Hexe

Post by Hexe »

Yes for sure. I had to send it back to Canon due to the recommendation of Zoltan.

I have tried all possibilities from the User side Canon and the cmaera allows, than I went to my dealer he did the same and we decided to send it back to Canon.
Overall the problem seems that the communication settings where coming back whatever 'I did ...deleting and restting 9inside the camera menu...the settings have not been taken and latest after turning on and off / with and without battery replacement, the parameters where back and blocking the camera for a while....after some time I was able to use the menu , but from the sensor no picture appered anymore........therefor the camera was completly unuseable.......
The latest changes I did before it happen ... I used your tool via Wifi and an Android mobile setting the From Full to AR 16:9 format.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

As I answered you in email, there is no way a software could harm or damage a camera. There are no remote commands that could do something like that, and the command is first sent to the camera and if the command isn't allowed to execute due to current camera settings the camera will not execute the command.
Hexe

Post by Hexe »

Yes, I remember your statement, but actually this was the latest thing I did.....the camera was 2 month old....and I never had enything like that untill now where i use first time your software......however I will see soon what Canon will reply
rameshtahlan

Post by rameshtahlan »

Hi,

Have you got the R5 back since the problem occurs,
and did the service centre have anything to say.
Have you used I again with qdslr.

Regards
GerhardKreuzer

Post by GerhardKreuzer »

--- ok, so I better didn't use qDSLRDashboard anymore, cause I need a working camera more than a timelapse ....
Really bad news.

With best regards

Gerhard
Roja

Post by Roja »

Also ich habe keine Probleme mit Dslrdashboard. Ich nutze es schon seit Jahren mit meinen Canon Kameras (1D IV, 6D, 1DX II, R6 und R3), ich spanne vom Handy oder Tablet her einen Hotspot auf und verbinde die Kamera damit. Das geht völlig problemlos und ich habe eine hohe 5stellige Anzahl Bilder für meine Zeitraffer geschossen.
Ob die R5 schon vorhehr einen Schaden hatte oder ein Bedienungsfehler vorlag kann ich natürlich nicht beurteilen. In dem Zusammenhang wäre natürlich intressant zu wissen was der Canon Service gefunden hat. Dies will der TO aber offenbar nicht mitteilen?

freundliche Grüsse

Rolf
cathy

Post by cathy »

Stop being a baby your camera was what 2mths old….send it in for a warranty repair ! Boo ho