USB Host diagnostics

qDslrDashbord error reports
stonecold

USB Host diagnostics

Post by stonecold »

Hi all,

I bought a NVidia Tegra Note 7" - P1640 with android 4.4.2 so that I could run Qdslr . with the OTG-usb connection. but it doesn't find the camera. fortunately its a Canon6D and the wifi does connect. So I read Zoltans PDF for qdslr and found the link to USB Host Diagnostics. I rand the Diagnostic and it froze. then hit go back , and basically the screen read no and no on kernel and the verdict page. So my question is this. I thought all tablets with android 4.4 and a usb 2.0 would run Qdslr? any thoughts on what I can do to this tablet? or do you just have to go get a Samsung tab 4 that has 4.4 and I think usb 3.0 ? I had read asus wont support dashboard either. so im wondering which 7" android tablets work that you might use.
thanks
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: USB Host diagnostics

Post by hubaiz »

I still use my Nexus 7 2012

Maybe there is a custom ROM that has the full USB stack (kernel and Android)
GonzoG

Re: USB Host diagnostics

Post by GonzoG »

All tablets can run qDD but not all have required functionality for connecting camera through USB.
Nvidia Tegra 7 has USB-OTG functionality so it should work but you need a correct microUSB-OTG cable.
Check if yours cable work by connecting pendrive to the tablet and then check what USB Diagnostics says.