New IOS version 0.3.3 Crashes will not load ! Blows out !

qDslrDashbord error reports
ScottLewis

Re: New iOS version crashes will not load 0.3.1 as well !

Post by ScottLewis »

Hi. I am new here but have the exact same issue. I have a Canon T2i, and am using the TP-Link MR3040. dslrDashboard crashes if my lens is set to auto focus. But it works if the lens is set to manual focus.

I have an iPad 3 running iOS 9.1 and an iPhone 5 running iOS 9.0.2.

I installed everything fresh today, so no updates. The App store says I have version 0.3.1, but when I run it it says 0.3.0 in the lower right (as someone else in this thread claimed).

Hopefully the next update will not crash when in auto-focus.

Fortunately, I do automotive photography with flash... and I can manually focus the camera, then hold the flash by the car and use the app to fire the shutter and check the lighting. So it is not completely useless at the moment. But I do need focusing in the app as well for other projects.

Thanks
cathy

Re: New iOS version crashes will not load 0.3.1 as well !

Post by cathy »

Well measure twice cut once didn't work .....Just got the new IOS version 0.3.2 and It does the same starts up then blows out while you have the lens in auto ....switch to manual on the lens it works tested it on a Canon 70D with its built in wifi and then with a mr3040 connected to it then tested it with a canon 5D mark 2 with the mr3040 iPad 4th Gen 64G IOS 9.1 connected and same results it blows out ......

Can you pull that version from Apple and put back up 2.9 till you fix this problem .....wasted yet another mth or so ! the new iPad pro comes out this mth and I wanted it working .....that's why I tested all the different cameras and wifi routers so you could find the fault fix the fault test the new version I don't mind testing but the end result I need a working version .
I thought you had a canon 70D to test with did it blow out on you in this way ? Did you test the new version with the lens switch in the manual focus position or did you just test the lens with the switch in the auto setting ..
Getting a little well you know it has been mths since I could use the iPad paid version !
Cathy
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: New IOS version 0.3.2 Crashes will not load ! Blows out !

Post by hubaiz »

Something must be different on your configuration as here it is working without any problem with the 70D.
I tested on all platforms and with different communication types and all worked fine.
Do you have 'auto start live view' enabled? If yes can you try and disable it (tested with bot and both worked)
What are the camera settings? Maybe a screenshot of the 'camera properties display'
cathy

Post by cathy »

Hi got the canon 5d mark 2 out and the mr3040 turned off LV on auto start same result MF works auto focus blows out Qdslrdashboard .
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

What AF mode is selected for the live view? Does it crash for all?
The exact same code is used as for Android and you confirmed working on it.
I now beginning to suspect that some iOS related problem could be (something related to drawing)
Btw the code for displaying (rendering) the LV is same as in V0.2.9
cathy

Post by cathy »

AF method on 70D is flexizoneAF and a square after the AF.
I just tried the 70D built in wifi and the mr3040 and same results as the 5D mark 2 manual focus on the lens works but switch it to auto and it blows out the lens on the 70d is the EFs 18-135mm and the lens on the canon is the sigma 85mm

Also IOS 9.1 is on the iPad 4th Gen

Just tested the Android version 3.2 works fine ! On the 70D and the 5D mark 2 with the builtin wifi on the 70D and mr3040 and the mr3040 on the 5D mark 2
Do other people have this same problem on the IOS version ? If so put your hand up and be counted !

I see scottlewis has the same problem with the last version 0.3.1 !
Last edited by cathy on 09 Nov 2015, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
KayR

Post by KayR »

I put my hands up (v.0.3.2.). Crashes as soon as I switch on AF. Just working on android as expected.
cathy

Post by cathy »

Thanks Kayr for the hand up and others out there more hands up please.......
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Can you write also the iOS device and version that you used?
On iPad Mini 2 it works.
KayR

Post by KayR »

I tried with ipad Mini 1 (iOS 9.1) and iPad 3rd (iOS 9.1). Ckecked One Shot, AI, Servo Focusing. As soon as starting the AF one the lens of my camera qdd software crashes. The only iOS device I get qdd working is my iPhone 5s (iOS 9.1). But that used to work with the previous version of qdd as well.