Interval Timer behavior (or misbehavior)

qDslrDashbord error reports
mntbloom

Interval Timer behavior (or misbehavior)

Post by mntbloom »

Greetings,

Using the new version (on iOS or Android) and I have an issue with the Interval Timer while using the LRTimelapse functions.

My INTENDED use is this - take a 5 second photograph every 10 seconds. The behavior, though, is that it triggers the 5 second exposure, then it waits 10 seconds. So instead of a photo every 10 seconds, it's taking a shot every 15 seconds.

I also have questions about how the Aperture Ramping and Live View settings are supposed to work on my D750, but I'll cover that in a different post.

THANK YOU!!

Michael Bloom
Los Angeles, CA
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Interval Timer behavior (or misbehavior)

Post by hubaiz »

If you set a 10 second interval then it will trigger the capture every 10 second, just tested.
Regarding aperture ramping please check the manual that can be downloaded here: http://dslrdashboard.info/downloads/
mntbloom

Post by mntbloom »

I think I solved it... but it's not solved...

Camera was shooting 8 second exposure. I was trying to shoot an exposure every 10 seconds.

Shutter opens..... 5, 6, 7, 8 shutter closes - wait 9, 10.

Etc.

Unfortunately... that doesn't work. I remember now that Gunther said that there needed to be several seconds between shots for the camera to communicate with QDSLR, and QDSLR to communicate with the camera. 2 seconds was not enough time - so it was skipping the next shot (essentially) and catching up for the following shot.
Shutter opens..... 5, 6, 7, 8 shutter closes - wait 9, 10... camera doesn't respond... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,8, 9,10
Shutter opens..... 5, 6, 7, 8 shutter closes - etc.

So the problem goes away if I do a 5 second exposure every 10 seconds... or a 10 second exposure every 15 seconds, but NOT an 8 second exposure every 10 seconds.

..i get it now. I don't LIKE it... but I get it... and I feel lame for not remembering.

:-)

mb
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Yes I noted this in the manual
The camera needs some time after it finished the capture that depends on camera model and used SD card (speed).
Usually it is around 3-4 second.
qDD will send the capture command at the defined interval but if the camera is not ready it will not accept it.